Bumbo Seat

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by lucylou, Feb 18, 2006.

1. lucylou

lucylou Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Just thought I'd share our recent great buy! Charlie is now constantly trying to sit up and when he's in his bouncer he's always leaning forward which isn't very safe so we found this bumbo seat at Mothercare, they are great and help him sit up straight, it's like his own little armchair!

http://www.mothercare.com/invt/lt1932&bklist=

It says from 4 months onwards but it depends on how well your babies physical development is doing and if they can support their own head which charlie does brilliantly.

2. shamu

shamu Well-Known Member

my best mate is buying us one of those for baby - cant wait hehehe, i just love the way they look!

i know we cant use it till babys a lil older ( not born yet lol!) but i fell in love with them when i saw them, nice to hear that they are useful - i think they will be handy for taking with you to the grandparents etc and for in the garden in the summer!

shamu

3. lauramumof2

lauramumof2 Well-Known Member

cool wee seat!

4. littlebump

littlebump Well-Known Member

They are great!! How long can you use them for?

I also understand that they are not good for spinal development if baby is too young - bit like car seats I suppose, not good for more than 3 hours a day I think. Not sure about these seats but I expect it's the same sort of thing.

I am thinking of getting one for Maddie except she's such a wriggler, I'm not sure if she'll like being restricted in the legs.

LBxx

5. Rosebay

Rosebay Well-Known Member

Glad you're finding it good as I've got one on the way! Elliott has been straining to sit up all week and since I'm planning to start weaning him in about 6 weeks time (4 1/2 months- my ticker is out) I thought it would be very useful.

+++

6. Urchin

Urchin Well-Known Member

I just saw this thread I've got one of these aswell!

Brody seems to like it but at the moment his head leans back a bit much for me to be comfortable with so I have to try him about once a week and see if he can do it better.

7. hearts81

hearts81 Well-Known Member

Reece has had one of those since he was 3 months and he still hates it! I have tried and tried to get him to like it but he wont settle in it at all.

Complete waste of money for me! the longest he's sat in it is about 4 mins!

8. Rosebay

Rosebay Well-Known Member

Hi,

well ours came today and he seems to like it so far:-

[​IMG] [​IMG]

+++