BUMBO CHAIRS

snowbunny

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Left post bout flathead syndrome and had really good advice. Thanks everyone who replied.

Surely a bumbo chair (or similar would help)?

HOW LONG DO U LET YR BABY SIT IN IT? AND HOW OLD SHOULD THEY BE TO USE ONE?

My little one is strong holding head, but does tire very quickly. He is only 2 1/2 months.

DO YOU THINK I SHOULD TRY ONE NOW?

Sarah x

Best not to put them in one until can support head really well, about 4 months

Jack had quite a flat head but it righted itself has he strted moving about

I was told to move his cot so he wasn't turning to the light as it was mainly on one side of his head

Hope that makes sense :)

Definitely wait until your baby can hold his head up properly before using a bumbo seat.

I found that when our son first started using it, he didn't like to be in it for too long at a time. You'll know when he's had enough. Little and often to start with. Make sure you distract him with toys, singing etc whilst he's in there to keep him entertained.

As he got older, he enjoyed it more. It was also really useful for weaning when he was too young to go in a highchair.

We've only stopped using ours a month or so since. We got good use out of it. I'd pass it on only I'm saving everything for our next baby.

Jo, I thought it was the opposite. Babies are drawn to the light, so could put him to sleep the opposite end of the moses basket to what you normally do so that in theory he will turn his head to the non flat side.

That said I tried that and my LO still preferred his left side (flat side). Thankfully he now sleeps on his front and side more than his back.

Another bit of advice I had was to put a rolled up towel under his mattress on his favoured side so that it nudges him to sleep on the other side.

Bagpuss17 said:
Jo, I thought it was the opposite. Babies are drawn to the light, so could put him to sleep the opposite end of the moses basket to what you normally do so that in theory he will turn his head to the non flat side.
No your right thats what i meant to put, didn't come out right, got distracted lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back