• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

brushing teeth

hedgehog2000

Reaction score
Hi, Holly has finally got the tip of a tooth coming through. I know I have to start brushing it-but haven't a clue how. I have heard conflicting reports - some have said use a tooth brush and no toothpaste, use your finger and toothpaste, use a bit of muslin etcetc etc. Any tips greatly received.

I have just used a toothbrush without any tooth paste, but I am not really sure either. Also how often should we be brushing them? So far I have only done it on the evening before bed.

Jam brushes his teeth when hes in the bath, well he chews the toothbrush lol! i just rub them with a bit of baby toothpaste and give them a quick brush but he enjoys it!

my hv told me to used normal adult toothpaste, nothing like whitening though :think:

Mel&Hope said:
my hv told me to used normal adult toothpaste, nothing like whitening though :think:

I would have thought that adult toothpaste has too much flouride in it for a baby, most of them say "not suitable for children under 7" . I might be wrong though :think:

We use childrens toothpaste, strawberry flavour (she didn't like mint :roll: ). We brush her teeth at bedtime and will soon be starting to do it after breakfast too. She enjoys it more if she can brush my teeth at the same time as I brush hers :D

mummykay said:
Jam brushes his teeth when hes in the bath, well he chews the toothbrush lol! i just rub them with a bit of baby toothpaste and give them a quick brush but he enjoys it!

i did this with Georgia & Josh & will be doing it again soon with Louie!!!!

In the book I have got from the hospital it says that when it isn't fully through the gum just put a tiny amount of childrens toothpaste on your finger or a bit of muslin and rub the tooth. When the tooth is through the gum you put a tiny amount of toothpaste on a toothbrush and brush it and also let them hold it and chew it to get used to having something in their mouth other than food. The reason you only use a tiny amount of toothpaste is that your child will swallow it and it is bad for them if they swallow too much. I think it is probably a good idea to brush morning and evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back