Advice on brushing teeth please.

NIE

Reaction score
Hiya,

As some of you know, we finally got a tooth through and I am needing advice on starting tooth brushing.

1. What toothpaste/tooth brush do you recommend?
2. When do you brush their teeth?
3. Should I use cooled boiled water?

Thanks. xxx

I bought a first toothbrush from mothercare, and until we had about four teeth we just used water. After that I used the tester tube of milk teeth toothpaste that came in the bounty pack (I never did understand why :think: ). We now use the wilkinson's strawberry toothpaste because he went off the taste of mint.

I didn't bother with cooled boiled water.

You can buy the finger toothbrushes but we never botheres with one. He's never had a problem opening his mouth for a brush.

Do people find their lo's prefer strawberry flavour to mint? xxx

I've been brushing Olivers gums since about 4.5months. I use a training brush of soft plastic.

We do it twice a day, once when I get him dressed after breakfast. Then before his bath, which is after his meal but before his last milk feed before bed.

As he doesn't have teeth yet I don't use anything, just dry brush them.

I'd been told by the dental hygenist that the milk teeth toothpaste you get with the Bounty pack actually doesn't have the recommended amount of flouride (sp?) in it, but as it's free I'm gonna use it anyway as silly to waste. When thats used I'll find one which does have the correct amount of flouride in it for him.

connor's got 2 teeth now :) i'm not using toothpaste yet, but am using water (not boiled) and a microfibre cloth to clean his pegs and gums

we use mint toothpaste willow doesent mind it and i never have a problem getting her to open her mouth i say to her brush teeth and she runs in to the bathroom looking at her toothbrush saying teeth teeth. lol

We use the toothpaste from the Bounty bag...somehow we ended up with about 5 small tubes....we started by giving Charlie a toothbrush to play with, then he would come with me into the bathroom at night and watch mummy brush teeth then Charlie brush teeth, I start the brushing and do most of the job then he finishes it off (so he thinks).
He is at the age now where bribary works and we tell him that Sportacus has given mummy instructions to brush Charlie;s teeth first then Charlie finishes the job and gives a toothy smile :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back