brushing your babies teeth?

Dee1985

Reaction score
i was told that you should start brushing babies teeth as soon as they get one???

do u??

dior got her first tooth at 6months she is now 1 with 8teeth iv never brushed them :oops:

but today i got her a lil 0-3yrs tooth brush and 0-6yrs strawberry tooth paste but she wernt avin any of it... wanted to play with the tooth brush wouldnt let me near her teeth????

any advice????? :pray:

Hi yah hun my little boy was like this at first its just a matter of persaverance really try and make brushing her teeth fun if yah can thats what i did. My little boy will now happily brush his own teeth but like you said if i tried brushing them he didnt like it but we got there in the end dont give up!! :D

have u tried giving her a tooth brush to play with while u do her teeth -

I was going to suggest the same as sarah. Maybe you could brush your teeth at the same time or let her do yours and vice versa.
Even if for a while she just sooks the toothpaste off the brush it will get her used to the taste and evetually she will accept it as part of bathtime.

yh could try that good job i got to tooth brush in a pack... she was trying to brush them but wasnt doing her teeth she was doing her gums at the back lol

Hi

Hope you have luck with it soon it will prob take a while to get used to it.
Katrina

ewan has two bottom teeth poking through - i have started brushing in the morning - i keep forgetting at night :doh:
If the teeth are through then they will start getting attacked by plaque.. so i have started brushing already using trainer tooth paste.
I had bad experiences with my teeth when i was young so i am starting asap so he doesn't have to go throught what i did - i.e having 6 teeth removed when i was 6 under a general aneastheic - 2 of my second teeth cam through rotten and 4 of my baby teeth were too.. a very scary experience and thus i HATE dentists

i wish i had started as soon as Dior got one but now she as a lot of teeth and is older she is stuborn and if she dont like it she wont let me do it.... she is very stuck in her ways and adimant lil girl....

its the same when i try and give her medicine. she dont like it she will clasp her mouth shut!!!!!!

What about getting one of these:

mamtr0501istteetherclothmainpic.jpg

it fits over your finger like a glove and they chew on it too.

They are made by "MAM" and mothercare etc. sell them.

looks like a good idea but Dior is 1yrs old and has about 8teeth all at the front, she aint got a sweet lil bite any more. she has a right chop on her...

cheers hun for trying to help me... its just one of them things that should be started from a early age so they no no different

im havin the same problem!! except beth only has 4 so far but she wont let me anywhere near her mouth she is like it with everything i cant get near her mouth at all :? she will quite happily sit there doing it herself i just worry she is not doing it properly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back