• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

brushing our tooth

mum2A&L

Reaction score
now alice has a tooth, when do i need to start brushing it? Is it worth introducing her tooth brush as part of her routine now? do i need to do it a few times a day?

also, can anyone recomend a good tooth brush?

oh, and dentist... when is it worth bothering about that?

so many questions :lol:

I have tried the tooth brush thing but i always forget to do it lol
I always try to do it after her bath

With the dentist i have been told that they won't see Keeley until she had 8 teeth ... but it mite be different in different areas

When Aimee was younger I just used to give her the brush to chew on. She wouldn't let me do it but she would quite happily chew on it. It must be better than nothing. As for the dentist, I think the 1st time I took Jess she was around 2. I haven't even registered Aimee with one yet. I know she wouldn't even let the dentist touch her mouth anyway.

Harrison has 2 teeth and he loves having them brushed. We do it every morning after his brekkie and bottle & then after his bath & bottle at night

At first I used to wrap a bit of muslin around my finger to clean Jake's teeth but now that his two teeth have come through I use a toohbrush. Jake hates me cleaning his teeth but I make sure I do them twice a day because I don't want him to get bad teeth. Jake has got a Colgate Smiles toothbrush which I bought in Boots. I asked my Dentist(NHS) when they start seeing children and mine don't start seeing them until the age of three. Click on the link below as it will probably answer your questions.

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/dailycare/teeth/

I got Ruby the Colgate Smile toothbrush and Aquafresh milk teeth toothpaste yesterday...

I havent tried it yet, but think I will brush them as part of her bathtime routine of night. She has her bottle before bed, and usually flls asleep immediatley so I dont want to be brushing them after them as it will disturb her..

My dentist told me to bring her along when I go for my next check up, in the next few weeks. She is a already registered etc.

You can buy baby tooth brushes in any large supermarket. We have one that says from 0 to 2 years xx

Rubys mummy said:
I Aquafresh milk teeth toothpaste ...

ooo i remember that stuff! i wonder if it still tastes as yummy

thanks again! :hug:

Maheen is nearly 19-months, and we try and brush 2ce a day, afetr each main meals. She is quite happy to "brush her teeth" esp. now that she is teething, she has 12 teeths, and 4 are coming through now! :wall:
I also did give her the brush very early on,
Anyway, I have a question: I have not yet used the toothpaste because I am concerned that she will swallow it!! I know it probably sound dumb, but how can I get her not to swallow it and even through it out? I mean she sees me brushing my teeth, as I do it with her, but I don't know what to do! And lately, I have noticed Maheen's tooth doesn't smell that nice! I don't know if it's because she is teething, or because she should use the toothpaste?

Any experienced mum's help, please! thanks :wave:

mel x

My cousin had a good one that was rubber and went over your finger like a thimble, it meant you are really using you finger, quite clever really!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back