• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Broncitis

prickleyfairy

Reaction score
Mia has been poorly now with a cough which slowley got worse- now for 4 days....we went back to the doctors today, and they have given us a type of inhaler to help open up her lungs instead of the liquid version. We are really concerned about her as she can't cough to clear the wet sounding mucus and her nose seems to be constantley blocked up as well as running. She is due to have her 6 month jabs on Monday-will she still have them if she's poorly? Also if anyones baby has had this how long does it last? Is there any home remidies we can do to help??

Thanks

Amy xx

hannahs had it twice hun and she was given an inhaler which really helped

oh poor mia!!! havent got any advise hun but wanted to send my love :hug:

xxxxx

i usually put some olbas oil around to help with the congestion, tilt the mattress? i would take her to the 6 months jabs if shes not right, they might make her feel worse

poor little girl, Finn has just been really poorly with a nasty cold and had a really chesty cough etc. We used vicks rub on his chest and back and a karvol plug in, his nusery smelt lovely - I love the smell of Karvol! Also used baby meltus cough med and medised. When he was really bad I put him in the bathroom and ran all the hot taps to get lots of steam in there also melted a karvol capsule in the sink. He's much better now. Hope she's feeling better soon. x

my son has had it twice now, once he had it at 10 days old and had to stay in hospital because he was tiny and needed the oxygen to help him breath and he had it last sunday and they just gave us an inhaler to use and he seems to be alot better than what he was, he still has a bit of a cough but hes not crying all the time like he was
hope mia feels better soon

sarahxxx

Hiya

So sorry Mia isn't well.

I'd see if you can delay her injections by another week or two. As I understand it, it's important babies are fit and well when they are given injections so that they cope with them better and there is less chance of a bad reaction. I'm not sure they will inject her anyway - Maddie had a cold about a week before her 2nd injections and I was advised by the nurse to rebook the injection if she hadn't recovered by the time the appt came up.

Hope she's better soon :hug:

LBxx

Thanks for the replies....Mia seemed to get worse over the weekend, very weezy and would not stop crying- i tried her with some medised which seemed to help. The steamy bathroom-seemed to help too. She slept lots yesterday-which i think was the best thing for her. Today shes seems more herself but not 100%...doctors this evening, don't think she will be having her jabs though.

Thanx again

Amy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back