• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breathless

*Star*

Reaction score
I've been feeling more breathless than usual today. I work in a large retail bookshop and the lift is out of order so ive been using the stairs more than usual. but i seem to have to stop half way up to get my breath.

i usually get it climbing stairs and such, but generally today ive been feeling like i need to take extra and bigger breaths as it feels like my lungs arent filling as much as they should

its hard to explain. im not in any pain at all, if i was id get checked out. even sat down i feel i need to breathe that little bit deeper.

anyone else had something similar. its really only been today that ive startered with it

Could be simply a case of your diaphragm being pushed out the way by LO. As bubs grows, your diaphragm does become a bit more restricted.

But I suppose like anything during pregnancy, no harm at all in getting checked out just to make sure you are completely relaxed!

Sure all ok

Jimmer

I am exactly the same and i am only 15 weeks and have been like this for ages, i put it down to my age and the fact that i used to be a smoker.

You have to remember that yoor heart is working a lot harder to pump the extra blood round your body and this will make you feel like you are exerting yourself a lot more. :)

Worth getting your iron levels checked, you can experience breathlessness when you're anaemic. I know from experience.

hmm thanks for that, i will mention it to my midwife and see if i can get an appointment early for a blood test. i have been tired a lot more recently.

it's been easier today, but its still there

I read this recently and its quite normal as its to do with the organs all squishing up (very technical!) but i agree you should get your iron levels checked. Ive been severely anaemic in the past and its not pleasant.

Clairex

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back