Breastfeeding...

I really wanted to breastfeed but my baby was born very small and struggled with feeding in general. She wouldnt latch on, we tried and tried for hours on end :( Eventually we had to give her formula and I expressed to try give her breast milk but I couldnt express enough :( I'm really disappointed but there's no point beating myself up about it.

Best of luck breastfeeding, I believe it is very rewarding for mother and baby :hug:

I can't breastfeed even though i really wanted to. My little boy had to go back into hospital on day 2 so he got used to taking the bottle and it was too difficult to get him to breastfeed after that as I have inverted nipples just to add to the problem. I do express every four hours so that I can try and give him as much 'mummy milk' as possible but top up with formula during the night.

We've had to mixed feed (breast & formula) Jenna since about day 4 as she was losing too much weight and risked being re-admitted to hospital. 3 weeks later and I am still not producing much milk. I have been told it is due to my PCO (polycystic ovaries), and although I breast feed her and also express (pump loaned by hospital) as much as possible, we still have to give her a top up of formula each feed. Luckily she is happy to feed from breast or bottle which is fab, although I wish I could breast feed her 100%. I went through the cracked bleeding nipple phase during the first week, then got to a breast feeding clinic and been fince since then. I also had a c-section, so this may have impacted on the amount of milk I produce? I never leak, so don't need breast pads etc. Just wish my supply would increase :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back