BreastFeeding!

kimmumof2

Reaction score
hi i have posted on the when breast isnt best thread but thought i would put it in its own post to get more reply's!

i have recently been considering Bf i didnt with reanna becus to be honest i was young and scared of doing it. i am still in doubt becus i dont know what to expect, does it hurt as much as people say and is it as hard as some people have told me. the other question i have is i was told you have to wait a few months before you can express milk but my mum would want to look after her for a few hours a week to give me a break so would this cause a problem. my OH is also a bit funny about it but i think if i decide to do it i can deal with him but im just in two minds at the moment.

xxxxxx

I am one of the lucky ones .I took to breast feeding naturally and so did my son...I don't find it painful atall.

As for expressing i was expressing with electric pump a couple of days after i had him due to jaundice and expressing by hand prior to that ( that is painful) my adivce would be express a little after each feed to make additional milk if you want to start early. I could express what is the equivolent of a full meal by the time he was a week old.

You could always give it a shot and if it doesn't work for you then you know you gave it a go and formula is the way to go for you.
feel free to pm or ask any questions

What a shame you missed our Breastfeeding chat on Sunday!

If you decide to give it a go you'll find wonderful support here :hug:

I can't add much more to what Tasha has told you, other than it is hard, and sore, and tiring at the beginning, and there are days when you are doing nothing but feeding your baby, but if you stick at it, use loads of Lansinoh cream, and ignore people telling you that you shouldn't be feeding constantly and need formula, I promise you it is the most rewarding and the most wonderful thing you could ever experience, it is also the best thing you could ever do for your baby.
Good luck and we will all be here to help and support you :hug:

Put simply, I would try it and see how you go.
It would be such a shame to not at least try to give it a go. I absolutley loved breastfeeding my 2, its so easy, you don't have to bother with all the sterilising etc and its really good for baby too :D

hi thanks girls. i think i will have a discussion with OH about it, hopefully he wont be too against it and i will be able to win him round. the problem he has is with public places which i think i would be uncomfy in. have you girls found this and do you express or have you found that most places are excepting.

xxxxx

The first time I bfed outside it was scary but I got over it :D

Its really easy hun, I go to mother and baby rooms too, they have one in most mothercare stores, I also use a shawl to cover up but not very often because I dont feel I should hide it but I do in resturants :D

I dont understand how your partner wouldnt be accepting of something that is beneficial for his child, the best there is :)

Explain to your OH that really you're not too impressed not being able to drink alcohol, eat soft cheese or sunbathe for 9 months either...but it's what you do as its best for your LO.

Then tell him if you bottle feed he can do ALL the night feeds. Then tell him to grow up.

Sorry but men like this drive me mad :x

libs said:
Explain to your OH that really you're not too impressed not being able to drink alcohol, eat soft cheese or sunbathe for 9 months either...but it's what you do as its best for your LO.

Then tell him if you bottle feed he can do ALL the night feeds. Then tell him to grow up.

Sorry but men like this drive me mad :x

:clap: couldnt of said it any better :lol:

I just wanted to say that I love breast feeding my son, it's an incredible feeling. It is hard to begin with but is 100% worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back