Breastfeeding question :S

LaurenMM

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Gave birth to my first baby on the 10th november. Been breastfeeding her since but since my milk has come in I've been in absolute agony and for some reason she will not feed properly from my right breast. I dont know why as she'll latch on for a bit and its impossible to get her back on, whereas my left breast is no problem. Anyway I know this sounds awful but I've come to find breastfeeding just isnt for me and I've decided to stop as of today. I've expressed my milk today and OH has fed her and she seems fine. My question is now do I have to start feeding her with formula or am I ok to just continue expressing my milk without her actually feeding from the breast? I'm sorry if this sounds awful, I feel like a bit of a failure to be honest :( xx

Hi girls,

Gave birth to my first baby on the 10th november. Been breastfeeding her since but since my milk has come in I've been in absolute agony and for some reason she will not feed properly from my right breast. I dont know why as she'll latch on for a bit and its impossible to get her back on, whereas my left breast is no problem. Anyway I know this sounds awful but I've come to find breastfeeding just isnt for me and I've decided to stop as of today. I've expressed my milk today and OH has fed her and she seems fine. My question is now do I have to start feeding her with formula or am I ok to just continue expressing my milk without her actually feeding from the breast? I'm sorry if this sounds awful, I feel like a bit of a failure to be honest :( xx

hiii as much as everyone has told me that I should get my baby back on the breast, I gathered breastfeeding was just not for me :( It was impossible to get him latched on once he latched off and it stressed us both out a lot so I just stuck to expressing yeah its so time consuming but its much better than formula. I do intend to try formula out at some point to top up feeds in the future IF enough milk is not being produced from me but really stick to expressing using an electric pump...get the double one :)

Just be careful as I'm sure a girl on here expressed every feed and ended up with mastitis....

Have you true holding baby in rugby hold when feeding from left boob so she's fooled into thinking its the right one?? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back