Breastfeeding problems :-(

Kylie1007

Reaction score
I have never had a problem with breastfeeding until now..

During the night, Finn will feed no problem at all. He feeds perfectly until he drops off again without any issues.

Daytime feeds are a different story! He's started refusing me. He'll take me and then turns his head away crying, then he'll take me again and do the same. I gave him 2 bottles of expressed milk today which he took without any problems.

Has anyone experienced this or have any idea why he's doing it? Thanks xxx

This happened to me, and I think it was because I was giving him expressed milk by bottle and it's much easier to take it from the bottle. I done it because I wanted to see how much he was taking but once I realised why he was refusing me I stopped giving him the bottle straight away and just kept offering the breast until he realised this was the only way he was going to get fed. It was really tempting to just give him the bottle but I stuck to my guns. A few times I took him up to my bed any lay down with him and played with him then when he was in a good mood I tried to feed him again.

This may not be the case for you, but Dylan was turning his head away from me too when it was obvious he was hungry. Good luck xx

We was the same she only wanted the EBM out of the bottle so we gave the bottle up so she didn't have a choice :lol:

Now i can't get her to take a bottle again :wall: :wall:

I only gave him expressed milk because he wasn't taking it from me and it was the only way I could get him to take his milk.

lil miss does this... she sorta sucks on and off...and cries at my boob..but were not giving her bottles other than for tea which she will happily guzzle... but its not milk... I just assumed that she must be a very thirsty baby like Tia and I was :think:

Ruby has done this a few times. Seems like she's gagging for milk, but when she goes on, she starts thrashing around and fussing. I did notice on a couple of occasions, that when the breast came out of her mouth, it was spraying uncontrollably :shock: I think she had a problem keeping up with the flow and was therefore getting frustrated :think:

It's the only thing I can think of :?

Hi Kylie,

I would agree with other posters about the issue either being laziness due to prefering a bottle teat (I know you only fed him with this yesterday 'cos he was hungry) - could you persevere with offering the breast even however hard it is - eventually he'll take it, I think OR the problem being a fast flow - I think midna or someone else who breastfeeds expresses a little bit off at the start of every feed (or used to) to help with this problem.

How are things today petal? Don't worry, you'll get through this.

Valentine Xxx

He fed better today but i had to pop his dummy in earlier and then when he was sucking that, whip it out and pop the boob in! :rotfl:

He was v snuffly at the 4am :sleep: feed so I wonder if that's his problem at the mo - you know what it's like when you've got a cold and can't breathe through your nose - you have to eat with your mouth open! Maybe it's easier to breathe with a bottle than a boob!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back