Breastfeeding & periods?

maybebaby

Reaction score
For breastfeeding mummies - when did you have your first period after giving birth? I haven't had one yet & I'm not worried I just wondered how long it usually takes. I'm a bit paranoid about wearing light coloured trousers/skirts just in case it comes back without warning!

I've had a few crampy pains a couple of times, which I thought may be the start, but it's over a month since the first ones and nothing yet.

At around 9months after Ellie was born. It was great to have 18months of no periods!

Oh and my first period lasted less that 24hrs and was completely pain free. Each one since has been a bit longer and they are pretty much back to normal now. No way near as painful as they used to be still.

still not had one - six months on - fantastic

I had a little bleed last week (at 6 weeks post birth) but not sure if that was a period as it only lasted about 2 days.

I'm still breastfeeding at night so hoping the periods will stay away a bit longer.

I had a light period (2 1/2 days) about 6 or 7 weeks ago and thats it so far.

I don't BF but I still express one bottle a day so I guess thats enough to keep AF at bay for now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back