• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

breastfeeding help please...

lozzi

Reaction score
..im breastfeeding ellouise but im really concerned she isnt gettin enough.

the hospital said just let her feed on demand, which i am doing but i dont think she is demading enough!!!!!

here is a diary of her feeds since tues, when i say 20mins, thats the time she was acutally taking it not messing about coz she messes about a lot and falls asleep, so the times are the amuont of time roughyl she is sucking for

Tuesday

6.45am 10 mins
8.30am 15mins
12.45pm 15mins
2.45pm 5 mins
5.15pm 5mins
10pm 30mins

Wednesday

3am 20mins
4.10am 25 mins
1pm 30 mins

as you can see between the last two feeds there was a MASSIVE gap. i did try bfing her at about 10am after she had a bath but she wudnt she just kept sleeping,

am i being silly or shud she be feeding more?!

lozzi,

congrats you baby is gorgeous.

well done with the breastfeeding, it sounds like you're doing perfectly.

thats great she's having feeds as long as 30mins at her age.

:clap: :clap:

you're doing really really well!

izzyx

are the feeds enough tho? space between i mean..?

when finlay was newborn i fed him about every 2/3 hours (he'd let me know when he was hungry!) but his feeds were shorter - 10 minutes max

so going by that it i'm sure ellouise is getting enough... if you're concerned you could always try feeding her if its been a couple of hours, if she's uninterested / dosy, changing her nappy will wake her up a bit x

izzyx

It sounds like you are doing great Lozzie. Believe me your little princess will let you know if she isnt feeding enough! She wouldnt be able to sleep as well if she was hungry hun.

I freaked out over Thea's feeding times too Lozzie but i promise you babies know what they need.

so long as shes settled between fedds , you;re getting wet nappies and shes gaining weight all is fine!

well done lozzi :hug:

well done on breast feeding!

The first few weeks are hard work but persevere and you will be rewarded by your little one growing big and strong on your milk alone- nothing beats that feeling!

I am sure that your baby would tell you if she was hungry - Just let here feed when she wants to and enjoy the peace while it lasts!

yup sounds to me like your doing brilliantly, Otis on average feeds for about 5mins (from birth to present day!) and around every 2-3hours (expect at night, even though he still wakes twice a nght for a feed :roll: ).
Don't worry your LO will let you know if she hungry.

It sounds very normal to me, I know it can be a worry but if she wanted more, she would take it, don't worry you're doing great :D

Sounds like you doing great hunny!! welldone!!, lol I would saver this moment hun because in a few weeks youll be wishing it was like this! :lol: :hug:

Sound liek you are doing fine hun!
Ewans feed used to be very random in the first few weeks, i would worry he was sleeping too much then too little.
As budge says as long as the nappies are wet, then you know that something is getting in.
Just try and relax and enjoy!

Hi Lozzijane

Congratulations on the arrival of Ellouise.

Well done for breastfeeding, sounds like its going great - has your milk come in yet?

Is she producing lots of wet and dirty nappies? (have they turned yellow yet or are they still greeny/black?) Was she jaundiced at all?

Personally I think that last gap of 8 hours is a long time at her age but if she's giving you the dirty nappies and her weight is ok then she must be getting everything she needs and is just a great wee feeder.
What weight did she drop down to?

Lucy

her nappies are yellowy now, and in high frequency :puke:

she was weighed today and is now 8lb 10oz so shes dropped 5oz but the midwife said its normal and that if she wasnt feeding enough she'd have dropped loads more

Thats great news, lol about her weight not the poo :lol:

She will start gaining now, but remember breastfed babies tend to gain weight slower than formula fed babies, so dont go totaly by the graph in the book :D

Welldone Lozzi its great to see your ok, keep up the good work :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back