Breastfeeding, af, jabs, growth spurt and fussing. Aagh!

Valley Girl

Reaction score
Here's my problem. Lo had 1st jabs last wed, & has had cold symptoms & mild reaction making him really miserable. My af started at weekend, spotting &1 day heavy bleeding, now stopped. I presume it was af. Also my hv mentioned a 12 wk growth spurt. My problem is that at mo lo is fussing through EVERY feed & I don't know which of reasons above is causing it! When he was weighed he had dipped from 75th centile 4 weight to 50th, could he be catching up? He's very alert &active & still chubby. Help appreciated

My LO went through a stage of fussing at every feed and i never found an answer to what was causing it she just grew out of it on her own :hug:

Valley Girl said:
When he was weighed he had dipped from 75th centile 4 weight to 50th, could he be catching up? He's very alert &active & still chubby. Help appreciated

Hi hun,

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time.

Is your baby breastfed? My DD is and went from 75th to 50th to 25th to 9th centile within about 10 weeks - the charts in the red books are for formula fed babies and breastfed babies tend to be a bit leaner - so don't worry if he's still happy and healthy and putting on some weight. If he's formula fed, then I wouldn't worry either, he's still putting on weight well on the 50th centile.

I've got my first AF too - I'd forgotten how horrible they were - many sympathies.

I hope he's feeling okay after his jabs.

:hug:

Valentine Xxx

If he's got a cold it may explain why he's fussing - perhaps he can't breathe easily & feed at the same time - maybe you could try some saline drops like Nasosal before a feed to unblock his little tubes.

if you are bf - there are fidderent sheets to mark their weight on you just have to ask your HV for them :hug:

Thank you, I didn't know there were different sheets! I'll ask my hv. Anyone else's boobs seemed less full at this stage? He seems to be getting enough but he likes both sides now. I guess my supply will step up.

Thank you, I didn't know there were different sheets! I'll ask my hv. Anyone else's boobs seemed less full at this stage? He seems to be getting enough but he likes both sides now. I guess my supply will step up.

Valley Girl said:
Anyone else's boobs seemed less full at this stage?

Definitely - my boobs have rarely felt full after 2/3 months and my supply totally settled down - but I've always had plenty of milk for DD.

Valentine Xxx

Valley Girl said:

Definitely - my boobs have rarely felt full after 2/3 months and my supply totally settled down - but I've always had plenty of milk for DD.

Valentine Xxx

valentine said:
Valley Girl said:

Valentine Xxx

Same here -it's very rare that I leak these days or get really lumpy boobs where they're too full.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back