BreastBuddies

I'll help out if needed :D
I exclusively BF Ophelia but breast and formula fed Isaac.
:hug:

im hoping to try bf this time and would love a buddie please :D

this sounds like a good idea, Can I join the list please?

Thanks

X

How is breast buddies working for everyone? It seemed to work really well for me and nori (don't know if she would agree though?), we were in daily contact for chat & support. She ultimately has moved to formula, but I hope I did what I could to support her while she breastfed and during the transition to bottle feeding.

Anyway, I can be teamed up again as a buddy!

Valentine Xxx

Its going great for me, and I'm really loving being able to help.

I'll put u back on list valentine xx

i didn't know this thread was here :doh: :doh: :oops: :oops:

please add me to the list kelsey, i'd love to help someone if i can :)

:hug:

Kelsey Jen isnt due for a good while yet so i can help someone else too im happy to :) x

I'm happy to help if I can.

BF'ing for 7 months and also doing BLW. Planning to BF till LO weans himself I guess. In no rush and happy to help someone. Can be on here, IM, email and mobile if needed.

Great idea. I'll definitely be taking advantage of this when the time draws nearer :D

I'm determined to BF and for as long as poss.

I'm available again as the lady I was helping is no longer feeding, text/calls only tho this time, as l/o is likely to be attatched to me most of time!
:D

I'm due the 21st January with my first baby and I'm keen to give breast feeding a go but gotta admit i would like advice so would like to be added to the list if possible

Yes please, that would be great.

I'm v delicate about it all as I had such a bad time last time and it was such an ISSUE for me (more than the labour really). Looking back it was being in hospital v v stressed out for three nights, not sleeping, being told conflicting things, being handled pretty roughly and being told I'd done things "wrong" that really did it for me. I tried for 7 days but my milk didn't really come in at all (even my midwife admitted this- eventually!), I had mastitus and my family practically begged me to stop as I was a wreck :(. Afterwards people suggested nipple shields, perhaps a bit of back up feeding that didn't involve spoons, various things that might have given me time to calm down and for it to establish itself but my midwives' attitude was their way or no way, all or nothing which I really regret.

Just wanted to give some background for whoever wants the challenge!! I'm having this baby somewhere else where they aren't so hot on targets and seem a lot more laid back about it, the plan is also to get out of hospital asap even if my OH has to kidnap me! I feel like there's less pressure this time both from the system and myself but I would really like it to work if I can make it.

Anyone up for the challenge? I'd really appreciate it!
+++

Rosebay said:
Yes please, that would be great.

I'm v delicate about it all as I had such a bad time last time and it was such an ISSUE for me (more than the labour really). Looking back it was being in hospital v v stressed out for three nights, not sleeping, being told conflicting things, being handled pretty roughly and being told I'd done things "wrong" that really did it for me. I tried for 7 days but my milk didn't really come in at all (even my midwife admitted this- eventually!), I had mastitus and my family practically begged me to stop as I was a wreck :(. Afterwards people suggested nipple shields, perhaps a bit of back up feeding that didn't involve spoons, various things that might have given me time to calm down and for it to establish itself but my midwives' attitude was their way or no way, all or nothing which I really regret.

Just wanted to give some background for whoever wants the challenge!! I'm having this baby somewhere else where they aren't so hot on targets and seem a lot more laid back about it, the plan is also to get out of hospital asap even if my OH has to kidnap me! I feel like there's less pressure this time both from the system and myself but I would really like it to work if I can make it.

Anyone up for the challenge? I'd really appreciate it!
+++

Think I may be the one for you as I had a similar experience when I had Liam over 9 years ago and it still is much more of a painful memory than the labour as you said.

If I hadn't had an 8 year gap between babies I probably wouldn't have considered trying to breastfeed again, but it felt like a personal challenge and I really wanted to succeed ( I did, enjoyed it for a year and now I'm doing it again with NO problems at all).

P.M me if you like........

Hiya,

I've just found this thread!

I can be someones buddy, if you like - have been breastfeeding for over 4 months now after a few probs in the beginning.

:D

Hey kelsey,

Are you still updating this thread? If not, would you like me to do it?

Valentine Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back