breast feeding clothes?

fothers

Reaction score
I have just realised none of my maternity tops will allow 'easy access' for feeding. I was thinking about buying some special tops but mayabe not to wear right away as hoping I will need a smaller size after a few weeks when stomach shrinks back a bit ( :pray:! )

What is it best to wear for the first few weeks- should I buy a few cheap tops from primark or whereever and what sort of neck etc?

Just having a mild panic!........

What i did is a mixture of...

Strappy tops, baggy tops, and tops that lifted up fairly easy, and had a bump band to hide my mummy tum ;)

They look well scary! They look like the tops out of Mean Girls :rotfl:

i didnt by any special 'breastfeeding' tops as i thik they're a waste of money. I just used to put a cardi on then lift my top up so the cardi covers my spare tyre :rotfl:

Just bought a couple of wrap tops from Tesco that were only £5 each so that should be a start- hope they fit though as didn't know how much boob room I would need?

i pull my top up.. coz if u got my nub out.. id soak my top.. lol.. i put a flannel on my lap so i dont soak my trousers..

Just got a couple of normal over sized t-shirts, so will just hoist them up

I don't have any breastfeeding tops - just looser tops. I bought a poncho/jumper thing in BHS which is really handy for covering up but it's more of a hinderance for breastfeeding. I tend to get my boob out under my top beforehand and get myself sorted out under my clothes and cover myself up with the hem of my top.

Loose tops that I can pull up to just above the baby's face are fine, that way very little breast is visible. I was more paranoid about my midrift flab being visible but once my inflatable breast feeding cushion from boots was in place, that could not be seen either.

Before I had given birth I had bought some breast feeding vest tops from Asda. I only wore them once as the top bit of the vest that detaches from the strap drops down and exposed by huge J cup sized boob! Wasn't prepared for that and had to quickly get a muslin to cover up. Not something I had thought about when I put the vest on.

Yeah I found some loose tops and a cardigan to wrap around work wonders to help you cover up :)

i wear sorta lycra strappy vest-tops with a cardi or loose low v-neck tops, either of these i can just pull one side down and pop a boob out without having to take the sleeves off. i never pull tops up i always wear low cut so i can pull them down

lol just noticed im wearing one in my avatar, u can see my nursing bra where iv not pulled my top back up properly! :lol: :oops:

trixipaws said:
i wear sorta lycra strappy vest-tops with a cardi or loose low v-neck tops, either of these i can just pull one side down and pop a boob out without having to take the sleeves off. i never pull tops up i always wear low cut so i can pull them down

lol just noticed im wearing one in my avatar, u can see my nursing bra where iv not pulled my top back up properly! :lol: :oops:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

trixipaws said:

Me too I always pop 'em over not under! :lol:

I got a couple of the special vest tops in Asda but TBH found it much easier to lift a normal tshirt up, so I just worn tshirt type tops that could be lifted up.

cross over tops, tops that button up, etc. are good. Also just bought 2 breastfeeding vests from H&M. Then I wear a normal top over these. Hoist up the normal top and unclip the vest iunderneath. That way, your midrift and most of your boob are both covered.

Your boobs will be pamela anderson-esque when your milk comes in so be prepared!!

K.xx

I used to wear a thin cotton top and id whip my boob out and she would be underneath feeding, no one could see and she was fine under my top cos it was so thin. :D

i wear a strappy top under my normal tops, then i can pull the strappy top down, and my other top up... this keeps everything covered (and warm!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back