• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breast feeding clothes

number2

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Just looking for some tips on clothing for feeding. I'm not very 'up' with fashion, and have so far stuck with vest tops I can pull down, and cardigans over the top. No chance want to be pulling tops up and getting my tummy out!
Did just buy a couple of 'nursing tops' from H&M, and a couple of tshirts with poppers down the front as well.

Don't want to spend a fortune on some of these internet companies I've come across, just wondering if anyone has any good tips on what they found comfy/easy? Off to Primark tomorrow so was planning on looking for some more tops with poppers on the front, and a few more cardigans. Would be so much easier if it was warm, could just wear strapless tops.

Thanks for posting this, not had my baby yet, and due in early Jan, want to breast feed and the clothes worry me too! Be great tok see what the experainced ladies say to your post.

Last edited:
At the moment I dont want to spend more money on clothes after having to buy heaps of maternity wear. I just wear t-shirts or blouses/shirts. I fold a muslin cloth in half and lay it across my tummy, tucking the top into my bra at each side, it holds it perfectly in place. Then I can lift up my t-shirt when i already have baby in place - its very quick and discreet I find :)

Thanks for that RM, I've never been a fan of 'pulling the top up' move as don't want my tummy out but the muslin is a great idea, always have a couple hanging around me now!

Chatting to a friend Im now off to buy a poncho as well, as had forgotten I used one with Alex and was easy and could wear it all day and it looked normal.

Also having looked on internet, I've decided to stop wearing these horrible nursing bras, and go back to wired slightly padded ones. If my milk supply changed I'll revert back to the nursing ones, but just can't stand the way they look under clothes, and their massive 2 inch wide shoulder straps!

Think Im just gonna have to stick with plain cheap tops I can unbutton on the front. They need to be pretty hard wearing as no doubt by the end of each day Im covered in sick/milk/food or a combination!

Am really enjoying feeding, no doubt will carry on till the new year, but there is a part of me who can't wait to get back into normal clothes!

At the moment I dont want to spend more money on clothes after having to buy heaps of maternity wear. I just wear t-shirts or blouses/shirts. I fold a muslin cloth in half and lay it across my tummy, tucking the top into my bra at each side, it holds it perfectly in place. Then I can lift up my t-shirt when i already have baby in place - its very quick and discreet I find :)

Ooooh, that's clever!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back