Boys names...

Snooky

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Having a bit of a dilemma - have found out (sneakily) that I am having a boy (at my growth scan!!!) as OH wasn't there! So he knows I know and I have to keep it a secret for the next 5 weeks! Thing is we have agreed on a girls name but not a boys name. I am trying to get him to decide on a shortlist so we have some options when baby gets here - but not pressure him too much as he will twig that baby is a boy and I don't want to spoil the suprise!!! Argghhh!

Anyway we have decided on the following for a girl:

Ruby
Daisy
Jasmine

But we simply cannot agree on a boys name - what do we do?? poor baby can't have no name! Toss a coin? I am seriously thinking we wil have to do this. What do you ladies think of the below?

I want:
Joshua
Ethan
Jayden

OH wants:
Carter
Luca
Miles

Neither of us will budge! Help! what are your opinions please.

Thanks

XXX

I like Luca personally but that's probably because if I have a girl it will be Lucy and we did consider Luke for a boy so I would!

+++

Personally I like your choice of names over his.......... :D

Can you compromise and have one of your choices as a 1st name and one of his as a middle name?

Grief it must be a nightmare trying to keep it a secret - I dont know what else to suggest, unless you come up with a completely new list that you both like - but am guessing you already tried that!!

I love Luca... its on my list but OH dont like it... Im finding it hard as well cause i had a girls name picked and then found out he was a boy, we cant agree on a name.

i like miles and luca hun!!
ur hubby as good taste hehe
but i also like ur name ethan 2 x

Nice names :D i have a Jazmine and a Joshua :D
Wait till you are in full blown labour then tell him you are having the name you want, he is unlikely to disagree :wink:

yeh i don't mind Luca so much, it's growing on me.

I guess i like a baby's name to be more babyish but as OH keeps saying, it won't be a baby for long!

Maybe it's just the fact that he will get his own way if i give in that's bothering me so much!

:D

Snooky said:
yeh i don't mind Luca so much, it's growing on me.

I guess i like a baby's name to be more babyish but as OH keeps saying, it won't be a baby for long!

Maybe it's just the fact that he will get his own way if i give in that's bothering me so much!

:D

Thing is you can shorten it to Lu which is cool and Luca sounds cool anyway but not too cool for him to be a serious person too when he grows up! We've tried to think of names that would sound cool if he were a pop star and serious if he were a lawyer because we reckoned that covered everywhere in between too! Elliott gets called Mel at home which is a ridiculous shortening really but Ellie sounded like a girl and although Mel does too there is Mel Gibson and Mel Brooks etc. They call him Elliott at play school but I only call him that when I'm cross with him! He answers to both- and "bunny my honey", and "oi!- trouble!"

+++

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back