Boys names v Girls names

Merida

Reaction score
I don't like modern names, I'd rather stick with something fairly traditional/simple. We have loads of ideas for a girls name (Sarah, Lynsey, Lucie, Freya, Alicia, Isla, Louisa, Katie) but reeeeeeally struggling for boys as we only have one - Fraser. We're really quite happy with Fraser but it would be good to have something else to consider it against. I keep googling and looking at lists of boys names but I just cannot find anything else I like! :shakehead:

I have a Lucie :). We like names that aren't really too common but aren't out there either hence the spelling. We thought she was a boy until the 20 week scan and she was going to be a Theo. I also liked Ollie and Jacob. There is a name suggester called nymbler. You put in a name you like and it makes suggestions based on that.

Henry
George
Oliver
Oscar
Edward
William
Noah
Freddie
Charlie
Archie
Teddy
Jasper
Joseph
Thomas
James

Ummm... Theres a few 'older' names i could think of x

Last edited:
If I have a boy he will be William or Henry, although quite popular atm they are nice traditional names. I also love Thomas but our surname is Thompson and I don't think that works.

George is another nice one but very popular atm

Or what about james?

Fraser... Miles, Marty (sorry couldn't help it!).

Love your girls names, especially since one us my name and another is our chosen girls name.

Boys names I like all happen to be Hebrew: Noah, Isaac, Levi, Jonah

I have an Isaac Jacob! We also liked Eli, Elliott and James. My next baby (if a boy) will be Elliott Oscar.

My daughter is Kate - everyone thinks Kathryn but no, she's simply Kate! We love it! I've only ever heard of a couple of others (in children), but never actually met them.

I've got a Tristan and an Ashton and a Robin... Those are fairly traditional English boys names. We like to use uncommon names for first names but traditional names for second names... So our boys middle names are Martin, Richard, David, Spencer, James and Daniel.

I always loved Toby or Luke for a boy (neither of which ended up being my sons name, but... Oh well :)) xx

Thanks everyone! Still a long way to go so I think I need to be more open minded lol :)

I also like Edward
Theo is quite unusual

My son is Christopher , Chris for short

Last edited:
What about Harvey? I only suggest that because I have a cousin called Fraser and his brother is called Harvey!

Louis?
Samuel?
George?
Oliver?
Hugo?
Alexander?
Thom?
Freddie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics