bottles and breast pumps

MrsHC

Reaction score
Can you use any bottles with any breast pump?

I like the look of the tommee tippee closer to nature bottles but have read bad reviews about their breast pump, but have read good things about the avent breast pump....do these work together?

Can you use any bottles with any breast pump?

I like the look of the tommee tippee closer to nature bottles but have read bad reviews about their breast pump, but have read good things about the avent breast pump....do these work together?

I had a tommie tippie breast pump and thought it was fab! :cheer:

To be honest I stopped pumping after about 3 weeks as its such a pain in the bum :lol: and just carried on without it.

I only used it when I really had too, see how you get on with it first and then see how you feel.

I had a tommie tippie breast pump and thought it was fab! :cheer:

To be honest I stopped pumping after about 3 weeks as its such a pain in the bum :lol: and just carried on without it.

I only used it when I really had too, see how you get on with it first and then see how you feel.

Ive used the TT manual pump and found it ok but it made my nipples really sore and bruised feeling when i used it frequently so I upgraded to an electric one, it defo did the trick at the beginning though. Theres no reason why u have to use the same brand pump as bottles, it just means you'd have to pump the milk into the bottle that you get with the pump then put it in the bottle you want to feed with :)

Ive used the TT manual pump and found it ok but it made my nipples really sore and bruised feeling when i used it frequently so I upgraded to an electric one, it defo did the trick at the beginning though. Theres no reason why u have to use the same brand pump as bottles, it just means you'd have to pump the milk into the bottle that you get with the pump then put it in the bottle you want to feed with :)

I love my TT manual pump - I don't use it that often though. I imagine if you were expressing daily or twice daily you'd be better with an electric pump.

I got mine for £12.99 from T K Maxx, bargain!

Valentine Xxx

I love my TT manual pump - I don't use it that often though. I imagine if you were expressing daily or twice daily you'd be better with an electric pump.

I got mine for £12.99 from T K Maxx, bargain!

Valentine Xxx

Dont know about other pums and bottles but Tommee tippee bottles and avent breast pump wont work, cos the width of the neck of the bottle and the breast pump is different.

Only thing you can do, is to have one Avent bottle, which you will use with the pump and then just pour milk into Tommee tippee bottles.

Btw, if you want to combine brestfeeding with bottle feeding I would use these http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B0 ... 1&mcb=core bottles. The thing is, that the baby has to suck on these the same as on breast and a)wont have a bottle/breast confusion b) is less likely to figure out, that to suck from bottle is much easier then from breast and will refuse breas alltogether (happens quite often)

:hug:

Dont know about other pums and bottles but Tommee tippee bottles and avent breast pump wont work, cos the width of the neck of the bottle and the breast pump is different.

Only thing you can do, is to have one Avent bottle, which you will use with the pump and then just pour milk into Tommee tippee bottles.

Btw, if you want to combine brestfeeding with bottle feeding I would use these http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B0 ... 1&mcb=core bottles. The thing is, that the baby has to suck on these the same as on breast and a)wont have a bottle/breast confusion b) is less likely to figure out, that to suck from bottle is much easier then from breast and will refuse breas alltogether (happens quite often)

:hug:

Thankyou, feel a bit stupid for not thinking of pumping into one bottle and tipping into another!

Those mothercare bottles look interesting - will have to have a look.

Happy-chick what you describe is exactly what i have read elsewhere about the TT breast pump.

Thankyou, feel a bit stupid for not thinking of pumping into one bottle and tipping into another!

Those mothercare bottles look interesting - will have to have a look.

Happy-chick what you describe is exactly what i have read elsewhere about the TT breast pump.

I have the TT manual pump and express every morning and most evenings so that OH can give an evening bottle (it is nice for him to be able to have some daddy and baby time) and because we are giving colief which has to go in expressed milk. Granted I haven't used any others but I love it - find it really easy and comfortable, can do it one handed and takes about 30seconds to clean before getting chucked back in the steriliser for later :)

I have the TT manual pump and express every morning and most evenings so that OH can give an evening bottle (it is nice for him to be able to have some daddy and baby time) and because we are giving colief which has to go in expressed milk. Granted I haven't used any others but I love it - find it really easy and comfortable, can do it one handed and takes about 30seconds to clean before getting chucked back in the steriliser for later :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back