Bottled water v Tap water

emma28 said:
Do you think it's undoing the good of buying fairtrade coffee to then make it using bottled water??

Fairtrade at least means the growers etc have been paid a fair price for their goods, so that's something. It has nothing to do with the environment as such.

But if you are being that aware in your choice of purchase for coffee, to then go use bottled water to make it if aware of the environmental impact etc, kind of ignores other potential problems in the world. It doesn't make sense to me to do one thing, and ignore the other.

Even if its UK water, its still taking plastic to contain it and costs in transport. If its from elsewhere then the impact is far higher.

Boiled tap water is fine for making coffee IMO. Get a filter if you don't like it straight from the bore hole. I've drunk plenty of bore hole water and not found it to be bad. We are on spring water here and its fine also.

I look at it that tap water is perfectly drinkable. Again as in so many things we have become spoilt for choice and therefore more picky over what water we drink. Stating the obvious here but somewhere else in the world, some people don't have the luxury of water from a tap ever, so I can't gripe if some tap water here tastes a bit different when its still clean and drinkable. I just drink it down quickly and the taste soon passes.

I fill and old used plastic bottle with tap water and keep in the fridge :cheer:

Cor, I've never thought about the environmental impact before but have only ever drank tap water because...Peckham spring anyone?

I'm still alive so I guess it's okay. Tastes fine as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back