• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bottle feeding mums

jayla's mummy

Reaction score
hey bottle feeding mummies,
is it possible to make up feeds and leave them in the fridge and when baby needs a feed just use a bottle warmer?

what do i do when im going out? wouldnt babies bottle be cold?

i know it may sem like dumb questons bt i just dont have a clue!

:hug:
xnatx

I have a bottle warmer, came in my "breastfeeding" pack from Avent :roll: It's this one http://www.boots.com/shop/product_detai ... mRefer=000

Instructions just seem to be to have water in the bottom and once a bottle is removed from the fridge (breast or powdered) just pop it in press the button and it's supposed to be perfect temperature. Who knows...another new toy I have to play with when the time comes.

But yeah you can re-heat bottles from the fridge! :)

With regards going out get a baby flask, I bought this one: http://www.boots.com/shop/product_detai ... id=1034958 which came highly recommended to me and I must say looks good and fits the bottles we have bought too.

i make up my bottle in advance and keep them in the fridge. i didnt bother buying a bottle warmer, i just use a glass jug filled with boiling water from the kettle.
As nic has already said if you buy a proper baby bag then they usually have compartment in them which keep the bottle warm, mines is mams and papas and has a little bit with a sort of tin foil looking bit that keeps the heat in. :D

awww thank you ladies.
the warmers from boots look really good. somewhere else for me to shop when i go shopping :D
xnatx

I never had this problem as Arianna would never take the milk warm - just at room temp.

If you are out and about tho, most cafe's etc will give you a jug of water to heat it in.

never had this problem and to be honest i didnt want it so i have never given willow a warm bottle she has it at room temp as this was how she had it in the hospital so she does not know any different thank goodness she took to it.

Rhian85 once suggested to me to fill the bottles with water and add the formula as and when i needed them and this is what ive been doing for months so much easier than making them up as we need them

I use to be a bit naughty and make up a bottle with 'hot' water that way by the time he needed it, it had cooled to the right temp :oops: , that was until he was prescribed SMA Staydown which needs to be made up with refrigerated boiled water. After that I just use to take an ordinary flask and a plastic jug with me everywhere as I found the bottle warmers seemed to take too long or perhaps it just felt that way when Rowan was screaming. :think:

I dont make the bottles up with powder until he needs them, I just make them up with water, add the powder when he wants a bottle and he takes it at room temp :)

For his bedtime feed I warm it up cos (apparently) when they have warm milk it slightly raises their body temp and as it cools down again they get sleepy :)

I cool Rubys bootles of water, then pop in fridge...when she is ready I microwave water (Its not recommended but she WONT wait for her bottle!!), add powder, shake and feed.

Ruby likes her milk really warm-she wont entertain it cool so this caused a prob to us when out and about...bottle warmers didnt get it hot enough and waiting for jug of hot water etc was torture when she was screaming, so I started taking a flask of boiled water from kettle with me. When she wanted bottle, I would tip out approx half of cold water from her bottle, and top up with hot water from flask (approx 3oz cold-3oz hot in a 6oz bottle-but she did like it warm so adjust accordingly to get right temp), add powder (we use Tommee Tippee Closer th nature bottles which we got handy powder dispensers which sit in the neck of bottle with the right amount of powder in them, you just tip them in, shake and serve!) VOILA, we have a nice warm bottle for Ruby, and she never makes a fuss, and everyone comments on how calm we both are feeding in public!! :lol:

x-kirsty-x said:
For his bedtime feed I warm it up cos (apparently) when they have warm milk it slightly raises their body temp and as it cools down again they get sleepy :)

Interesting fact there kirsty, will give it a try, thanks :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back