Bothered about weight gain.

LisaJ1986

Reaction score
Took me a while to realise this but took Angel for injections yesterday and had her weighed while there. She now weighs 13lb 5.5oz. She's 16weeks. But i haven't had her weighed since her 12week injections. She weighed 13lb 3.5oz. So in 4 weeks she has put on 2oz. That doesn't sound alot at all!
When she was born she was above the average line, now she's slipping right down it. Nursery nurse never said anything yesterday, and i didn't think about it til i got home.
Is 2oz in a month ok or should i be worried?

I cant answer, so long as shes not down on the 9th centile, I dont think anyone worrys.

I was the same thought, I get my LO weighed every two weeks because of his reflux, and last two weeks he only put on 5oz, I thought that was low, but the HV said it was fine.

Sorry I cant be of more help :hug:

If their weight crosses 2 or more centiles (up or down) then apparently it's a cause for worry.

Asher was quite ill recently and crossed 1 and a half but thanksfully he's started putting on weight again. He was nearly at the 9th line!

K.x

Thats what Aimee was like. When she was born she was 8lb 11oz on the 75th centile but by the time she was 15 weeks she was only 13lb 4oz and a week later at 16 weeks she was 13lb 3oz. She has always been like that, either gain 1 or 2 ozs or loosing weight. She never had a big appetite . They never worried about her weight though, I was always stressing and she dropped from the 75th to the 9th but it took her 12 months to do it they said she was fine and it must be her natural build. Shes now 3 in December but still only 28lbs.

She weighs almost exactly the same as Chester and my HV isnt worried at all. At the end of the day she IS gaining.

I weigh him every other week as well, sometimes he gains an oz in that time others he can shoot right up 10oz. I bet she'llhave a growth spurt and will suddenly put loads on x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back