Books for 5/6 month olds?

jennifer1981

Reaction score
What books do you read to your 5 month old?

The only one iv got that he's remotely interested in is the Nightgarden's 'Funny Noises'. Id like to get him some more but not sure what else he would like? Any suggestions welcome :angel:

We've got a couple of boxes of books for Jess. If she's sleepy we tend to read her nursery rhymes, otherwise she loves any books that make noises, have different textures or flaps or slides. One of her favourites is 'Five Twinkly Stars' It has little LED lights that she can push a button and get them to light up on every page.

Marks and Sparks do some nice baby board books, quite reasonably priced and usually on 3 for 2 I think? :think:

Any books by Rod Campbell are fab and most of his are available as board books, also anything with mirrors and holes in went down well with my LO when he was that age.

Sam lloyd books are brilliant, Theo has them and at 4 1/2 months he loves them. pretty reasonable price also.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h ... =sam+lloyd

- hello dudley
- not so scary sid
- calm down borris
- Wendy the wide-mouthed frog

they have a hand puppet built in to the book so you can tell the story from the puppet. theo loves them. (even if he does not understand the story)hehe

Board books go down best as then she can paw at the pictures and turn the pages :D

DD has hundreds of books :oops: Some of our favourites are by Julia Donaldson - The Gruffulo, Room on The Broom, Monkey Puzzle, The Snail and the Whale and others.

I buy them from www.schoollink.co.uk as they are vastly reduced. You nominate a school to receive 10% of your sale too.

When Ella was small we read her nursery rhyme books, the ones with the actions are the best :D Also touchy-feely books are fab, we have a few from M&S, and they're Usbourne.

kalia said:
Board books go down best as then she can paw at the pictures and turn the pages :D

DD has hundreds of books :oops: Some of our favourites are by Julia Donaldson - The Gruffulo, Room on The Broom, Monkey Puzzle, The Snail and the Whale and others.

I buy them from http://www.schoollink.co.uk as they are vastly reduced. You nominate a school to receive 10% of your sale too.

Thanks for that link, I've just ordered some books :D AND earned £1.20 for my old Primary School :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back