Booking Appointment

strongminded

Reaction score
Hi All.

I am 8 weeks 5 days today and i have my booking appointment with the midwife on Saturday 12th March. The letter said she will do a blood test urine test but no scan.

I was just curious to know what to check for in the blood test?

And what else happens during the booking appointment? I wish they could do an early scan on that day too i will 9 weeks 4 days on that day

The blood test is routine, they test blood type, full blood count to check iron levels etc, rubella immunity and will test for hiv if you want them to. You will have your blood tested regularly throughout the pregnancy xx

They will also do your blood pressure, height and weight, discuss previous pregnancies and any family history of things like diabetes or heart disease. They will discuss do's and fonts in pregnancy and the importance of folic acid etc. They usually give you a bounty pack with loads of info in as well.

Thanks that's good to know. How long till they get the blood tests back. Do they write to tell you the result or do they discuss the results are the next appointment. Sorry i am so new to all this

They'll discuss results at the next appt unless there's a problem or something they're concerned about....in that case you'll hear something within a week x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back