boobies - if not breastfeeding!

tinkerbell*

Reaction score
i was wondering, if you dont breast feed.... how long does it take for your milk to dry up?!? and i have read that i can be pretty painfull. is this true?

Well my milk never really came in... tried and failed to BF in hospital (next to no colostrum) and then tried at home when I thought my milk came in and nothing (also tried expressing).

Anyway that's the background, everyone is different but I had a couple of days where I was uncomfortable (and it probably wasn't helped by the fact I was still trying to feed) but after less than a week my boobs were soft and felt fine.

Yes, it hurts (sorry)

I never breastfed... my milk came in after a few days, my boobs blew up 2 cup sizes so all my bras didn't fit and I was leaking everywhere. It then took another few weeks of wearing breastpads all the time (including to bed, hmm, wearing a bra in bed, how terribly UNCOMFY) before they went down and I finally dried up.

Was the worst thing about giving birth for me, that. But then - I have huge knockers (30FF) that I hate anyway.

debecca said:
It then took another few weeks of wearing breastpads all the time (including to bed, hmm, wearing a bra in bed, how terribly UNCOMFY) before they went down and I finally dried up.
:rotfl: I've been wearing a bra and breastpads to bed for almost a year

with my first it hurt - but not much at all that i remember.

With my second it was aggony for about a week - maybe 2 till i was completly back to normal. (painless) - but it was a good few weeks before the dried up.
(i just kept topped up with parracetamol, wore my bra really tight and used cold cabbage leafes inside my bra to cool the throbbing heat lol) - all suggested by my midwife - and it did help.

i would like to hope that every woman at least tries to breastfeed.. even just giving colostrum gives your baby the best start.. and protects them for years.. breastfeeding is amazing.. yes it is painfull but imo it is definatly worth it. you give your baby a gift noone can give them.. and its a truly special bond between you..

i dont know how long it takes to dry up as i tried for 3 days with charlotte..and fed teds for 5 months, all i know is that you have the colostrum and the milk there.. and your breasts fill up because thats what they are supposed to do.. so if you have the milk there why not use it eh? if you cant get on with it then atleast your baby got colostrum.. 1 breastfeed is better than none xxx

Red_Fairy said:
with my first it hurt - but not much at all that i remember.

With my second it was aggony for about a week - maybe 2 till i was completly back to normal. (painless) - but it was a good few weeks before the dried up.
(i just kept topped up with parracetamol, wore my bra really tight and used cold cabbage leafes inside my bra to cool the throbbing heat lol) - all suggested by my midwife - and it did help.

OMG!!! These stories sound awful, I never knew!!!... I know how painful engorged boobies are... but not to be able to pop a baby on the end to drain it, that feels almost as good as eating a whole bar of calorie free chocolate... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: owwweee owwweeee oweeeee tho... sounds far worse than the bfing nipple pain... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Squiglet said:
I know how painful engorged boobies are... but not to be able to pop a baby on the end to drain it, that feels almost as good as eating a whole bar of calorie free chocolate... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: owwweee owwweeee oweeeee tho... sounds far worse than the bfing nipple pain... :shock: :shock: :shock:

:rotfl: :rotfl: only yesterday i was thinking how great it is when shes drained one and it's all soft again.

The engorgement was painful, and even now if they get full they can hurt, i had to express when my milk make in as it was so full, they do say not to just stop BFing cos ofthis and id assumeit's be easier to try and express a little to try and help your boobs adjust, might make it less painful

Squiglet said:
I know how painful engorged boobies are... but not to be able to pop a baby on the end to drain it, that feels almost as good as eating a whole bar of calorie free chocolate...

:lol: :lol: :lol: but sooooooo true!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back