• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Boobie Help!

LisaJ1986

Reaction score
I woke up this morning and went to roll onto my left side. But i had to stop as i got really awful pains in that boob and side. I laid on my back and thought i'd have a little inspection. It was like the feeling of when i was engorged when Angel was a week old. That boob started leaking and milk was going everywhere. I was in a hell of a lot of pain.
Fortunately Angel woke up 5 mins after i did so i put her straight on that boob coz it felt really full.

Am i getting engorged again or is this the beginning of mastitis? I have no other symptoms, just pains down the side of my boob, like armpit down to where my boob stops. I actually wanted to cry it hurt that much, but felt relief as i fed baby.

It sounds like it could be the beginnings of mastitis or a blocked duct (which can lead to mastitis). I found this happened to me a couple of times especially if I'd lain on the boob a lot during the night. You've already done the best thing which is to let your LO feed from there. If you have a feel can you feel any lumps? If so massage them towards your nipple when feeding, otherwise, if the milk will flow by itself allow that to happen - go in the bath or shower if you need to. Basically similar things to when you're engorged. If it doesn't ease up by tomorrow I'd get an appointment with the docs to make sure.

Hope it gets better soon - I hated it.

Sounds like the beginning of mastitis too... Just keep feeding from the boob and try massaging with downwards strokes towards the nipple when shes feeding to encourage the blockage to go...

Mind, has your LO dropped a night feed at all? Lil miss dropped a night feed a while back (she took it back though :lol: ) but my boob was engorged and painful for a couple of days

She normally has 2 feeds in the night, but last night only had 1. So i fed off this one at 10pm then 7.45am. I noticed a weird lump directly under my nipple. I have been sore all day, to the point of being in pain when i lift my arms. Will keep an eye on it but will try the massaging next time i feed.

Poor you :hug: :hug: :hug:

It does sound like a mastitis. I (very stupidly) went for a swim in a cold lake in Finland in June and my boobs felt pretty engorged that night. I thought it was pretty funny, only to find that my sleep was disturbed because of pain. I was unable to sleep on my tummy which I normally do.

In the morning all the fun was gone as my boobs felt like bricks and LO was having trouble to latch. We heated a sauna for me and I expressed milk out of my boobs and massaged them which seemed to help. I was lucky as I didn't have to go to doctors as with a bit of expressing it cleared up in a few days.

Needless to say I didn't go for a swim again :doh:

keep up the massaging and feeding but if you start to feel fluey or get a temp get to the docs asap. :hug:

I've been massaging today. I can feel a few bumps in that side, like when your muscles are knotted iykwim? It's hard to explain as i don't really feel my boobs in detail. I should start checking regularly.
I feel quite tired and headachey today, but not fluey yet. Am keeping an eye on myself as i hear it's not very nice.

I've had this a couple of times, and only just got rid of it this weekend. First time I had it was when Maia slept through and I was engorged as well. I did some research and found this which you might find useful. http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/breastfeeding/problemsandsolutions/mastitis/

Each time I've had it I have massaged and kept feeding and it has gone within a day or 2. I know how you feel though it is really painful, hope I don't get it again but I seem to have so much milk at the moment I don't know whats going on. This morning I woke up and there was a wet patch where my boob was and I'd been laid on my side not on my front, then I went to get Maia up and whilst changing her I was leaking like a dripping tap.

How are you feeling today Lisa? Hope you have fended it off? :hug:

It seems alot better today thank you. It was very painful Sunday, and a little bit on Monday, but i massaged it a bit as i was feeding her, and it seems loads better today. The advice here is brilliant and has avoided a trip to the doctors i think!

Glad it's getting better!! I've had this too :think: I thought it was the thrush?! x

Never thought about thrush. The other is a bit sore but not as bad as the 1st. Plus she's not really fed as much today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back