BLOODY NITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jo

Reaction score
Ok Emily was having a bit of a scratch last night, i looked and couldn't see anything.
This morning it's like a nits party palace on her head Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
Luckily we had a doc appoinment this morn so i blagged some lotion
But for gawds sake she hasn't had them for ages, then this!!!
I am itching so bad my self and have Had Emily lookin for me but there is nothing there :wall:

I know where she has got them from, why can't people check there childrens hair.

I have this every couple of week at school and am getting sick to the back teeth of it, Emily has really thick hair and it takes me about 2 hours to go through it, but i do' cos its a job that needs doing.

then she goes back to school and they latch on again, just 'cos some lazy arse parents can't be bothered.
I used to work at Em's school and a few times i could see in some of kids hair hundreds of nits and crwalers!!!!!!

I feel like not even bothering anymore.
Now had to buy this special shampoo and conditioner which acts as a reppelent, is really god and cheap only £1.59, my own fault i suppose by getting complacent and not continuing to use it :wall:
rant.gif

Can you talk to the school? (when she goes back I mean?)

If there is a persistent culprit the school need to talk to the parents, it's neglect :(

We go into school at least once a week to complain about it - they can't do anything. The school nurse and HVs have even been round to the problem family's house armed with bottles of nit lotion and they refused to let them in.

I remember when I was little, the nit nurse came to school every Friday and sent the nitty kids home - same kids every week. They're not even allowed to do that anymore, nitty kids have a right to education too :roll: They'll be providing books and chairs for the little crawlers soon :evil:

Oh Jo, I do sympathise with you. But it does stop - honest!

Kayleigh hasn't had them for years now. :dance:

When she was in primary school, I asked the teacher if there was anything she could do, and she said they are not even allowed to approach the culprits parents any more. Bloody political correctness gone haywire! All they can do is send a letter home to every single parent and hope that something happens. I used to check Kayleigh's hair daily, and even if she didn't have them, I would always comb the conditioner through with a nit comb every time she had a bath. And she had long curly hair, so that wasn't fun. The teacher said she knew exactly which child it was that always had them, but couldn't do anything about it. Makes me soooo angry!!!! :evil:

I have just had her sat in the bath for an hour and half, with about a 1/4 bottle of tea tree conditioner just sat combing and combing, with jack sat in his highchair in bathroom :rotfl:
I seemed to have got most of them and didn't spy any eggs which suprised me, i think the have all just hatched the little buggers :evil:

Any way i have given up for a bit has my neck and Emilys is aching like mad!!!

They send letters from schooll really regularly but it makes no differance

Lazy arse parents :wall:

don't talk to me about bloody nits!!! my daughter is 10 now & has suffered on & off with them since about yr 1 (aged 5) i even used to keep her off school & spend the whole day getting rid of the buggers, but there are definetly eggs so tiny that they are invisible to the naked eye & thats why they come back.

she had them just before we went to lanzarote last year, so every other night on bloody holiday i was wet combing through with conditioner!! its a joke.

my doctor won't give anything, he said the only thing that gets rid is wet combing evry other day for 2 wks :think: she still had them then, took weeks to clear :wall: :wall:

tracyM said:
We go into school at least once a week to complain about it - they can't do anything. The school nurse and HVs have even been round to the problem family's house armed with bottles of nit lotion and they refused to let them in.

Do social services know? As Urchin said its neglect. Nits can even cause anaemia if they get really bad.

I'd complain again and threaten to go to the education authority as the kids shouldnt be in school if theyre infected so if theyre not allowing access to the HV then they should be stopped from sending the kids there until they do.

my sister was in a class with a girl who's nits were so bad that they fell out every time she moved her head. Her mum was pharmasist and it was very supriseing especially since the poor girl had them for about 2 years. My sister refused to sit next to her beause she didnt want to catch them and the teacher sent her out for being a "bully". I dont think school even take it seriously anymore.

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to post a reply from the teachers point of view. I have a couple of children who were constantly infected with headlice last year and many other parents were getting really cross about it.
I have to say that as a teacher I get really cross about the fact that parents don't clear their childrens head and check them regularly and I feel really sorry for those who do. That said, there is absolutely nothing we can do as a school except send out leaflets. The only time we can approach a parent about them is if we see them crawling,and then we can't force them to do anything about it. We cannot exclude them or insist that they deal with the lice.
It is made even worse when as the teacher you get the headlice and have to regularly have your head checked by your mother-even though you are 33!!!!! My only saving grace is that my little boy has not had them-yet!!!!!!

Try not to scratch too much-the mention of headlice always sets me off itching!!!!
Paula.x

Oh Paula, that must be awful for you! I do think it's stupid that you're not allowed to talk to the parents in question.

I had them myself the first time Kayleigh got them, and then I was paranoid about getting them again. Yuk, I'm itching now!

well i am happy to say i don't have them :dance:
I spent ages 'wet combing' my hair last night!!!

Oh is worse than useless though, i said you better see what i am doing with Emily and what they look like, and he couldn't understand why he needed to see them, so i told him he would need to to know if i ever got hit by a bus!!!!! :lol:

and he just said he would shave her head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So i guess nits are just another 'mum' job :wall:

We had this and the mother just didnt give a damn,so one day in the playground very very loudly I confronted her with a bottle of nit lotion I paid £10 for (a big one ) shoved it in hjer hands and said you do your daughter or I will,and while I am at will shave your hair off. I know it sounds dreadful but it sorted it the little girl had her hair cut and treated. I felt for her because that poor girl was becoming alienated form the other children and it was horrible to watch. you could see the eggs and nits in both their heads it was awful!

I bought a robi-comb and find them good,they are in Argos for about £15.

I used to look after a little girl in my nursery, she was the worst case of neglect i had ever seen (in my opinion)

Her clothes were too small, she smelt of wee, he had dirty underwear on, it was appauling.

Her head was literally crawling, he hair used to move with them it got that bad :shock: the poor girl scratched constantly and had scabs on her head.
BUT the nursery manager confronted her mum as she was worried for the little girls health.
The mum said she wasn't going to do it if we had a problem then we had to do it! :shock:
(so as that being classed as consent off the mother- in my eyes and the managers) i got an A4 sheet of white paper under her hair and combed and combed for an hour.
i cried for the girl, i had to empty the sheet of paper 3 times! it was over flowing with walkers. :puke:

The parents of the others kids were getting annoyed as they were bothered and spent £10 a time on lotions and had to keep buying just cos this girls mum couldn't be arsed!

It is neglect and really abuse if she was aware of the problem and didn't help that poor girl from suffering!

jo said:
Ok Emily was having a bit of a scratch last night, i looked and couldn't see anything.
This morning it's like a nits party palace on her head Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
Luckily we had a doc appoinment this morn so i blagged some lotion
But for gawds sake she hasn't had them for ages, then this!!!
I am itching so bad my self and have Had Emily lookin for me but there is nothing there :wall:

I know where she has got them from, why can't people check there childrens hair.

I have this every couple of week at school and am getting sick to the back teeth of it, Emily has really thick hair and it takes me about 2 hours to go through it, but i do' cos its a job that needs doing.

then she goes back to school and they latch on again, just 'cos some lazy arse parents can't be bothered.
I used to work at Em's school and a few times i could see in some of kids hair hundreds of nits and crwalers!!!!!!

I feel like not even bothering anymore.
Now had to buy this special shampoo and conditioner which acts as a reppelent, is really god and cheap only £1.59, my own fault i suppose by getting complacent and not continuing to use it :wall:
rant.gif

What shampoo and conditioner is that hun as i have just treated my little girl as she caught nits and that sounds good so they hopefully wont come back :D xx

urgh i am itching like mad.

my nieces get this regularly from their schools and my nieces are bi-racial and their hair are tight ringlets, its a nightmare.

there is a web site called nitty gritty and that is supposed to be good.

i have also heard that if you get some tea tree oil concentrate and put a couple of drops in your shampoo then this is supposed to keep them at bay.

good luck.

Nitty Gritty looks ace but it is about £16 for the lotion/shampoo???

I am seriously looking at getting one of the combs thouas they have ridges that are meant to get the eggs.

Thats the thing i have most troublw with as emilys hair is so thick, its the egg/egg cases that get left behind that are a bugger to shift

I asked about Nit nurses at school and do you know the reason they don't have them any more??

Because it could be construed (SP?) as child abuse/innapropiate touching :shock:
the same goes for applying sun cream!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back