Bloody MIL

Kas

Reaction score
Im absolutely raging with my mother in law she had my son the other day and when i went to pick him up shes said oh if got a wee thing I have to tell you, I gave Kaiden a wee drop of Cola and some crisps well I nearly dropped down dead on the spot, of all the stupid things you can do. Hes only 5 and a half months, fair enough he can eat them but their full of crap. My OHs other son had no baby teeth as they rotted before they even came through and he had them removed. My OH gave her what for but she just smirked at me. Then she had him for a few hours yesterday and she never gave him his ricecakes or all his breakfast, so what did he have as a substitute he came home with something that resembles icecream on his bib. How do I stop her shes a twisted bitch sometimes, I dont want to give her ultimatums but if it doesnt stop then i dont want her to take him, what should I do I dont know the best way to aproach it XkelX

You need to tell her hun. At the end of the day there are certain things you can bite your lip about but when it comes to your child you need to speak up. I'd tell her never to do it again or she won't have him anymore. For so long I have let my mil walk all over me to try and keep peace but there is only so much you can take! Don't let her upset you hun, you're not on your own. :hug:

i think you should tell her what you want/dont want kaiden to have
its your baby and its up to you what he has wether she likes it or not you bring him up how u want to
olders always think they no best but its your choice
gd luck hun
xxx

cola to a 5 and a half month old, no chance. I would tell her that that she cant have him as you cant trust her to be responsible. Wether she things its okay or not , you are the mum and you call the shots.

Silly cow that she is. Im gobsmacked, cola to a baby.

Thanks for your advise, my OH says i should let it go coz hes already told her its not to happen, she keeps laughing at the wee tubs of food i send with him, she looks at them as if OH Whats in there now, it so annoying. Shes got one more go if I hear of her giving him anything else like that again he wont be going at all. If she wanted to give him a treat than why not mash up a banana or give him fresh juice diluted down, she moaning coz i dont allow him to have fruit juice, he loves drinking water and he has fruit puree I dont see the point. She dominated my OH other Sons life and now we dont get access shes trying to take over with Kaiden i think im gonna have to have words with her soon.., XkelX

lauramum01 said:
cola to a 5 and a half month old, no chance. I would tell her that that she cant have him as you cant trust her to be responsible. Wether she things its okay or not , you are the mum and you call the shots.

Silly cow that she is. Im gobsmacked, cola to a baby.

I second that! That would make me bloody furious! I wouldn't even think twice about telling her that she's no longer looking after my LO!

Be strong and don't give in - coke and crisps is bad at any age! What the hell is she thinking....... makes me cross! :evil:

Emilia xx

I would be fuming!
And regardless of OH saying he'd already said something, i would say to him that you want you both to sit down and talk to her properly.
She needs to know that you're not happy for her to be giving him that stuff.... and agreeing to give him mushed up banana's and stuff?

She needs to remember he's yours, and she needs to play by your rules!

xox

Haley she is fully aware that hes to have nothing like that, its seems like a power struggle, at the mo, she cant understand even when kaidens older why she cant give him chocolate and fizzy juice. Ive explained that Kaiden has a huge appetite and that there is no way hes to snack on crap like that, hes gotta learn to eat healthily, ive always been a healthy eater. If he gets the taste for stuff like that I know hel be a very fat toddler and I wont let it happen he 20lb already and hes the size of a one yr old his appetite is huge and hel eat anything. Theres been alot of problems too with his sleep routines, his clothes, and the fact she constant picks him up. I know shes doing it to wind me up coz she knows Il blow up and me and my OH will end up arguring, im gonna have to get her on her own and let her know exactly what she has and hasnt to do with my son, the last time I stopped her having him she was crying and calling everyone up saying I was out of order. Why cant she just listen!! XkelX

Hi this is a bit off topic slightly but just wanted to say that my daughter weighed 32lb's at 7 months and although I worried at the time she is liek a bean-pole now and loves sitting watching telly so it isnt due to excercise,lol.

Sorry for sticking my oar in just wnated to reassure you on that bit.
take care bex

hun you need to tell her straight tell her that he must only eat what you say he can eat and if she doesnt follow your ways then it will not be possible for her to spend time with him alone he is your baby and no matter what anyone else says you are the one who decides what he can or cannot have xxxxxxxxx

Thanks bexxi thats a relief my MIL and other older females have been saying youl have to watch his weight or hel end up a really fat baby, at least i know that aint always the case XKelX

My daughter looked like a budda lol.........HV was so disgusted with me,at teh end of the day I have studied MW and HV myself so they were not in a posistion to question me and they knew it...lol

He will be fine bless his littel heart just tell them to lay off,he is your baby and coca-cola is dreadful as it stops iron asorption amongst other things (the caffeine)anyway gotta run is littel girl's sports day (she will walk not run ha ha)and she will go mad if i am late
TTFN
Bex

has she not had children before? thats not on i would say something in a nice way but if it continues stamp your food down i had a similar thing happen when my oh looked after my little boy jake with his friend and friends little boy jake was 5 months old and the other boy was over 1 and he had cherryade so my oh decided to give jake some i came back and went mad its up to people what they give their kids and he was 1 but jake was 5 months at the time, oh went pale :lol:
men :roll:.

if all else fails i'd poke her in the eyes repeatedly until she signs a legal binding contract saying she won't do it again!! lol (although i'd stop poking her in the eyes whilst she signs it!!!)

I'd explode, but thats me, i am a big stress head... and DH would have to put up with it... its his mum, but its our baby.

hope whichever way you decide to go forward hope it all goes ok

xox

Im the same I thiought jumping up and down on her head a few times would help, ive got a very firey temper, and thats why shes doing it, she wants me to blow up infront of people to make me look bad. She said i gave him some coke, and brushed it off as if ive never spoke to her about it, it was in the middle of a family meal so she knows she had ,me cornered a bit. Her mum just took a massive heart attack yesterday so i cant even get the chance to give her a piece of my mind. Thanks for your advise ladies, really youve put my mind at reast and im not a bad mummy for now allowing my son to have these things Xkelx

Well Kel I think your a terrific Mum! and I've seen you in action, you know your baby!

V x :D

I think her name is Kelly, but Kel for short with a kiss either side????

Maybe.... maybe not!! :oops: :D

Emilia xx

Yeah your right its kelly and the kisses are at either side, ive always done it and on texts too cant help myself xkelx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back