Bloody hell this is a world record it must be

emmie

Reaction score
I have been doing baby washing and sorting out all the clothes we have been given for over 6 hours non stop today???

This must be a world record for the longest wash day ever lmao.

I cant believe how many clothes this baby has its unreal and i am sure we will be given loads more when he finally arrives, i thought i would freshen them all up as you dont know whos touched them in the shops and everything and i keep seeing that fairy advert - new does not mean clean etc etc.

Just hope the washing machine doesnt conk out as i still have about 3 more loads to do :eek:

I did this a while back and then realised that everything had to be washed in non bio so had to do it all over again!!! :wall:

Claire x

I was the same lol. So much she never wore half of it before she grew out of it.

:lol: our wee baby has 6 knitted cardigans already from someone my mum knows.....i think all she must do is knit!!!

Almost one for every day of the week!

OH keeps moaning the baby will have more clothes than him! :rotfl:

Should you wash everything before putting baby in it????? even new stuff?

Iv washed about half so far, all DDs newborn clothes because they were being stored in black bags and smelt like plastic :) . Im going to do the smell test this week and decide what has already been washed, what needs to be freshened up like sheets ect, take tags off and wash all the new clothes too ready for baby so they smell like us, its supposed to be comforting for them :) ..but im just washing mine in our usual detergent :think: thats Ok right?..

lisaspoon said:

My midwife said yes and to wash in non bio. :)

As this is my first I have bought all clothes new. I have washed them in non-bio and managed to iron them too.

We've bought some nice non-bio especially for the baby as we have to wash our clothes in biological coz DH had MRSA recently. Its on my list to do to wash all the clothes but its a long list so may be another week or so before I get round to it!

yup i think you do have to wash even the new stuff as you dont know how long its been in storeage or who has touched it etc etc. I did remember to use non bio liquid tabs aswell.

I am hoping i shouldnt have a problem sleeping tonight as i am so tired with it all lol :D

Charmed said:
lisaspoon said:

My midwife said yes and to wash in non bio. :)
emmie said:
yup i think you do have to wash even the new stuff as you dont know how long its been in storeage or who has touched it etc etc. I did remember to use non bio liquid tabs aswell.

I am hoping i shouldnt have a problem sleeping tonight as i am so tired with it all lol :D

Thanks ladies :D me being the first time mum!!!! We've bought non bio stuff this week as well to get used to it etc..... looks like my mat leave is gonna be washing-tastic after xmas!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back