a night from hell

blessed83

Reaction score
well i will warn you all this is going to be long....

it all started on tuesday, i went to get into my car and had an almighty shooting pain down below, i couldnt sit down but after 10 minutes the pains went and i felt ok. Wednesday i woke up with smaller shooting pains and a back ache, really dull pain like a bad period pain. last night at 18.30 the pain was immense i couldnt sit, stand, lay and just didnt know what to do with myself. i actually thought oh my gosh this is it, my babies going to come and he is too early. the pain spread up to my chest and i felt like i couldnt breathe or take a deep breath. mum called NHS direct who refd me to the labour ward of my local hospital. i called the labour ward and spoke to a trainee midwife on the phone (i wont swear!) who as as helpful as a chocolate fire guard and said as i have had no discharge, show or broken waters i was to take 2 paracetamol and if the pain persists in an hour to call them back.

i did as i was advised and later left my parents house with OH and returned home. Just as i opened my big mouth and said "i think its easing off" .... thats right.... the pain in my lower back and pain in my lady area retured. although little prince was moving around, i was still really scared so called back the labour ward.

this time i spoke to an established midwife who said come in but beware we have a full ward so may be an hours wait. Fine i thought. me and OH got in the car at 23:30 and made our way there. at this point i was so upset with the niggling pains and and tiredness i was in tears. when we got o the ward the midwife greeted us, took me to a ward full of women who had just had their babies, apologised for no room advised me of the now 2 hour wait and asked OH to leave while i "settled in for a sleep"(WTF) until the midwife woke me. OMG i was so scared, i begged OH to stay and we were luckily given a side room so he could stay with me. after an hour OH feel asleep (HE COULD SLEEP ON A WASHING LINE)and i was left to pace up and down panicking until finally midwife came in and wired me up to a machine to look for contractions and little ones heartbeat (all was fine!) she then said the doctor will see me in an hour and left. 4 hours later i went to the desk and asked where doc was to be shooed away like a naghty girl with 2 paracetamols and told the doc is looking at "real emergencies"!! i saw red but kept my cool and went back to the room. 6am this morning i returned to the desk as my back is still killing and was told doc came to see me but i was fast asleep and will now be in at 7 before he goes home (rubbish, i hadnt slept and she refused to take my comments on board!!) at 9 am this morning a lady doc came to see me, said everything is fine from the readings which i already knew and basically said she wanted to take a swab to ensure no infections and that my back ache and shooting pains are just the "joys of motherhood" i couldnt believe my ears. the best bit is still to come.... as she takes a swab she looses grip of the clamp causing it to spring wide open while inside, this added more pain (she was very apologetic but at this stage i wanted to kill) the swab was taken and i was told to go home.

sitting-standing-pacing that room last night made me realise that im not so sure i want to be in hospital and i am now going to look at the home birth option but also it has just occured to me that at no stage was i offered food or drink and i had no water me and OH were just talking about it and i think i was actually forgotten!!
what a crock of shit. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

woops, nearly forgot to mention, the doc did say it hurts because the hormone that soften evertything down below also softens ligaments so any awkward laying baby or good kicks will be felt. just read cleos message and so i hope this helps put her mind at ease a little

Sorry to hear you went through such a bad time hun :hug: Some doctors and M/W's aren't the most helpful of people. If I was you I would put in a complaint about the way you were treated. Glad everything is ok now though and hope you have a better night tonight :hug:

What is it with these bloody hospitals at the moment :evil: Hope you managed to get some rest today hun :hug:

From this bit that you have written;

blessed83 said:
woops, nearly forgot to mention, the doc did say it hurts because the hormone that soften evertything down below also softens ligaments so any awkward laying baby or good kicks will be felt. just read cleos message and so i hope this helps put her mind at ease a little

Did she mention SPD at all? As that's what causes SPD and the pains that come with it? Can you book in with your regular MW/GP to discuss it?

i have midwife on tuesday so i will mention it then. i hadnt even thought of that, thank you.x

blessed83 said:
i have midwife on tuesday so i will mention it then. i hadnt even thought of that, thank you.x

Have a little look up for the threads on here. It's quite common, and doc/MW may refer you to physio if that's what it is, and also good to be aware of for when labour comes.

I wouldn't have had a clue what was going on with the pains of it if it wasn't for this site! :hug:

Ouchie! Reading your bit where the clamp sprung open made me feel all sqeamish! Sounds so painful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back