Bloody BT :@

lozzi

Reaction score
OMG.... i just rang up bt to cancel my phone coz im moving...

they were great then they said oh you have a 12 month contract so u need to keep the service till March 07 so fair enough....

so i said well transfer it to my new address...

so she goes rigth an engineer will be wtih you on Tuesday :D ...... the 3rd of january :shock:

3rd of chuffin january?! what use is that to me..... they want me to be without phone/internet service until bloody january.... WHAT A JOKE :mad:

as you can imagine im not best impressed.....

i had the same problem hun when moving house, i was told the new line would be ready for us moving in and the broadband would be too, to this day they still havent disconnected the old number :shock: it took me 10 days after moving in to get the broadband back on :shock: and to top it all off they are trying to charge me £78 instalation fees :shock:

yes i told bt where to stick it and cancelld the whole lot :cheer:

im now with orange and i only pay £19.99 and £11.00 line rental to bt
soooooooooo much cheaper and soooo much less hassle
and when i ring orange i speak to a uk call centre and not passed to india where they cant understand my broad scots accent

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: for orange :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Oh Lozzi. I sympathise.
I've literally just slammed the phone down to the sodding Crap-phone Warehouse.
We have Talk Talk for our home phone. I've paid the bill on time for about a year now. I got home from work, picked up the phone to call OH and the line is barred. Apparently they didn't receive my cheque. No communication, nothing. Just barred my line so I can't call out!

I had to pay the bill again on my Switch card but it will take a minimum of 2 hours to clear the bar!

I kept saying 'I'm pregnant! I could go in to labour at any minute and I can't call my husband because you've barred my phone without any warning whatsoever' but it's like banging your head against a brick wall.

Bloody idiots the lot of 'em.

lol i have to stick it out with bt for another 3 months unfortunatly :(

but as soon as that is done im going to ntl....

i was gonna get ntl straight away 3 for 30!!! but obviously i cant now im stuck wtih the other....

so i have to pay bout 25 for my broadband a month 42 for my sky... and about 30 for my phone line!! grrr

on the upnote they said theyll connect my phone and broadband for free atthe new house.....

even if it is 4 weeks away :mad:

LucyBee said:
I kept saying 'I'm pregnant! I could go in to labour at any minute and I can't call my husband because you've barred my phone without any warning whatsoever' but it's like banging your head against a brick wall.

Bloody idiots the lot of 'em.

thats the line ive used!!!

"what bloody use is a phone line installedin january to me, i cud give birth at any moment how the heck am i supposed to ring the hospital..."

hahah

apparently i shud ring them *on what?* every week to try and get a cancellation...

your supposed to get free instalation anyway as your an existing customer :D

my contract didnt run out till may but i still cancelled it
you have the right to terminate it as yu havent signed anything!! i didnt sign anything i only gave a verbil agreement over the phone :wink:

after the hassle we had they had no choice but to terminate ours it was either that or they wouldnt be getting paid anyway :rotfl:

weestar21 said:
your supposed to get free instalation anyway as your an existing customer :D

my contract didnt run out till may but i still cancelled it
you have the right to terminate it as yu havent signed anything!! i didnt sign anything i only gave a verbil agreement over the phone :wink:

after the hassle we had they had no choice but to terminate ours it was either that or they wouldnt be getting paid anyway :rotfl:

they said i can cancel my phoneline, but i still had to pay my broadband as i was contracted until march.

but i cant use the broadband without the phone line....

clever bunch eh :wall: hha

grrr
I dont want all this hassle in march :(
so....
what happens if you've been with them more than a year do you have to wait for a whole near year to finish?

Becks_again said:
grrr
I dont want all this hassle in march :(
so....
what happens if you've been with them more than a year do you have to wait for a whole near year to finish?
no....

ur usually tied to a 12 month contract.. u can cancel it at anypoint after that x

told you I had probs with them!

Same as weestar, was all supposed to be ready but wasn't!

both my contracts were supposed to end in may and both were cancelled 4 weeks ago

tell them to stick it ang go with someone better who will do it faster and cheaper

at the end of the day they hate losing customers so they should try everything possible to keep you

good luck hun

p.s dont back down if they keep saying 'but you will have to pay shit' cancell the lot cos their is nothing they can do about it

:hug: :hug:
xxxxxx

weestar21 said:
both my contracts were supposed to end in may and both were cancelled 4 weeks ago

tell them to stick it ang go with someone better who will do it faster and cheaper

at the end of the day they hate losing customers so they should try everything possible to keep you

good luck hun

p.s dont back down if they keep saying 'but you will have to pay sh*t' cancell the lot cos their is nothing they can do about it

xxxxxx
omg i just read ur sig
adele was so tiny!!

yeah she was hun :D now the height of nonsense (sp) :D

p.s

all you need to change internet providers is your mac code from bt, ring them up and get them to give you it
they will give you a long speal but just tell them youve had enough and are changing both providers for your phone and internet and they will give you it
(its all we needed from bt to chnage over to orange)

if i can help in any other way just let me know
xxxxx

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

i whinged enough ladies.....

there fittin my phone line next thursday!!!!

48 hours later they can switch on my broadband!!!!

dnt mean to put a downer on your good news but i wouldnt hold your breath :lol:

good luck though and hope they stick to what they told you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back