• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Blood tests - daft question

Laura_James&Amber

Reaction score
Hey girls. This is probably a silly question but I had some blood tests done on friday because the doctor was concerned about the dizzyness i've been having and i was just wondering do i need to phone up for the results or will they phone me if anything comes back? I didn't have to phone for the ones I had at 8 weeks as i got the results for them when i was 14 weeks when i saw the M/W and they all came back negative but I wasn't sure if it would be different this time because I don't want to not phone up and then a week or so later find out theres a problem that could have been sorted sooner and i should have phoned to find out. Sorry that probably doesn't make any sense and sounds really daft! think i'm just worrying over nothing!

If somethings wrong they usually ring but it cant hurt to ring up.
I always do just cos i think, will they ring me? wont they?
At least you know then and not wondering.

id say they would ring u if there was a problem, but they arent always all that reliable :roll:. so id give them a ring in a week or so just to make sure :)

Are you not booked in for another appointment after the bloods are back? I agree that a phone call is usually ok for getting blood results but Ive been having blackouts and they monitered me quite closely as my bloods were fine. Maybe have a work with your MW over whether you need another appointment once you know the results.

hope I dont scare you Hun just thinking belt and braces and all that, my blackouts have been pretty extreme so dont take my expierience as a baseline for whats normal.

thanks hun :hug: . No I haven't got an appointment with my M/W, I don't see her until the 9th july and I last saw her in may. It was the consultant that sent me for them, he said he was concerned as I looked so pale and my blood pressure was really low :? Think I will phone the doctors or hospital and see what they say and if they've come back with something I will phone my M/W straight away.
Hope your blackouts stop soon :hug: :hug:

thanks hun :hug: . No I haven't got an appointment with my M/W, I don't see her until the 9th july and I last saw her in may. It was the consultant that sent me for them, he said he was concerned as I looked so pale and my blood pressure was really low :? Think I will phone the doctors or hospital and see what they say and if they've come back with something I will phone my M/W straight away.
Hope your blackouts stop soon :hug: :hug:

I would ring your docs and get the results. Ive learnt that docs and hospitals are extremely unreliable. I never leave it up to them.

Claire x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back