• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Blocked Nose

prickleyfairy

Reaction score
Last night i was really worried as my 6 week old had a really blocked nose, and could'nt seem to breath properly and was having trouble feeding. All the things she could take seem to be for over 6 month old babies. Any advice for what i could do?

Thanks

Amy xx

Hiya, I had the same problem with Jack
I put some Karvol on a bib and tied it to his basket
I also got this stuff from Superdrug, i think it was called Littlenoses or Wee noses or summat

It had a saline liquid in it and an aspirater to get the gunge out

I think Jack was a little bit older but not much

If all else fails take her to Gp and they might give you some drops but they are basically same as in that packet

Hi there

When Olivia was 3 wks old she had a bad cold, the HV told me to raise her mattress by putting a rolled up towel (hand towel if it's a moses basket/carrycot) to help her breath at night. It was winter then so I put a wet flannel over the radiator to give off a tiny bit of steam to help her but you could take her into the bath/shower room when you take a shower to help her get the steam to help clear it.

Like Jo, I also put some inhaler on a cloth and put it near her bed at night (I used baby olbas oil).

HTH

Lucy

Hi

i hope she is better now, did anything work for you?
Katrina

Thank you for your replies.....the raised matress at bedtime seemed to help her nose, we also took her into the bathroom when it was steamy. She is still a little sniffley but a lot better!

Amy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back