• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Blocked nose and teething pains

Nicky_Jones

Reaction score
We had a bad night (for us) last night. Ellie was crying badly at about 3:30 this morning so I thought maybe she needed an extra feed (on the whole she doesn't normally need an extra feed between 11 and 7:30. In hindsight I don't think she did, I went in and she didn't stop crying (VERY unusual if she wanted a feed) - she was on her side, head arched right back and crying. She didn't stop until I picked her up. I checked her nappy (clean) and then fed her. She had some trouble feeding due to a blocked nose. I then put her back down. She wasn't desperate for a feed but didn't object to an extra one. She settled but started crying back out again an hour later, but settled herself and then a bit later and off an on for the rest of the night she would sleep and cry out periodically. I have been trying the Ashton and Pasons powders but they don't seem to have helped. She sucks on her thumb a lot to releave her teeth but I am wondering if the blocked nose is preventing her from doing this? I have given her medised a few nights and that really helps. She has such a peaceful night if I have given her this on the evening before putting her down but I am worried about using it too much. What are other peoples opinions? Sorry for the long post.

Aww hun. :hug: Poor little mite.

Charlie has a cold at the minute and he has a blocked nose. He woke a few times in the night, but luckily for me, he went straight back sleep again each time. It must be awful as Ellie is also teething. :(

Have you tried Nasosal? You can get them from a chemist for about £3, and they are just saline drops which help clear the nose. Or, as Ellie is over 3 months, how about some Olbas for children on a tissue at the end of her cot?

Thanks for that. I have just been to the pharmacy, they didn't have Olbas, but they did have SnuffleBabe so I bought some of that to try. He also said there won't be a problem using the Medised for upto 10nights on the trot so I will use it for the next few nights as well, and hopefully what ever is causing the blocked nose will pass by then? He also recommended a stronger teething gel, so I got some of that as well. Hopefully in combination she will have a better nights sleep tonight.

how long does each bout of teething last i seriously cant put alfie down and normally he likes being left on his play mat, he wont even tolerate anyone else holding him, hes turned in 2 a rite mummys boy

Aaw poor Ellie and Alfie :(

must say I am dreading the teething :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back