• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bleeding

satch

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm 6 weeks pg..

Sorry if this is TMI.

This evening when I went to the loo and wiped there was some blood. It was a brownish colour. I phoned the hospital to speak to a midwife and she said not to worry as this was really common. I had no pains.

I've been out for food with friends and now its 3 hours later and I checked again. There's nothing on the pad, just a bit when I wipe.

Anyone else had anything similar.

Should i see the doc in the morning, ask for scan?

Replies appreciated as obviously I'm a bit concerned...

hi hun it is common to bleed in early pregnancy i did with both mine and quite heavy, if you havent got any pain hun i wouldnt worry :hug:

Hi sweetie!
I bled twice when I was pregnant with my first! The first time, I have no idea what caused it and the second time was a small tear caused by either wiping to hard or sex! Try not to worry!!! :hug:

Oh hun :hug: Sorry you are feeling so worried..

Brown blood sounds like old blood. I forgot to check your ticker before I posted but sometimes you can bleed a bit around the time your period would have been due.

Bleeding without cramping is a good sign though hun, and if the MW said it's nothing to worry about then the chances are it isn't!

Lots of women bleed during 1st tri, and I think too many people relate it automatically to mc so I really hope you feel at ease about it all soon :hug:

If you wipe tomorrow and there is a bit of blood, and you would feel better then definitely go to the docs, if it will reassure you then it's worth it! xx

Im my opinion any sort of blood should always be checked out hun.
When i lost my baby in january i just had brown discharge stuff and was not in any pain whatso ever.
I'm sure everything is probley fine but i'd still get it checked

hun a lot of people do get a bit of bleeding early on in pregnancy but i would still get it checked for your peace of mind get your doctor to refer you to your nearest early pregnancy assessment unit (epau) they should scan you there just to check all is ok xxxxxxx

When I had spotting in my first tri I spoke to my GP and he said not to worry overly. It is common (more so than women realise) and often there is no real explanation for it.

I was told that if it continued (ie filled up a sanitary pad (not panty liner)) and was heavier and if I had cramp like pains with it to call back and he would book me in at the EPU within a couple of days, but to otherwise wait and see.

6 weeks PG could mean you are now around the time of your period normally and often women experience a bit of old blood when their period is due.

I went to the docs this morning and he felt my belly and said it all felt normal. I explained everything and said to monitor the situation in the next 48 hrs. He said its common to bleed a little, but it gets heavier then call them back. I have another appointment on Friday to see how everything is.

There's no blood or discharge this morning.

:pray: all is ok.

glad all seems well hun and the bleeding has stopped :hug: xxxxxxx

I'm sure you've got a stickie bean there hun. Glad you got it checked and the doc seemed happy with everything.

Not long til you'll know now (& of course you get to see your baby!) so you'll be able to put your mind at rest and have some invaluable advice and reassurance for future girlies who have to go through this horrible situation :hug: xx

been all clear all day now, so feeling better...

The doc says that if anything happens it will happen in the next 48 hours, so :pray: everything remains clear til my next docs visit on Friday morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back