• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bleeding in early pregnancy.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

WILMAFLINSTONE

Reaction score
Hi Ladies.....

I feel like I shouldnbt be over here just yet but needed to ask if anyone has experienced bleeding in first few weeks?

Ive had several faint BFP since thurs using CBplus, Asda own and EC....although I sitll dont quite believe it....however today I had some spotting....very light in amount and colour this afternoon....but then a bit more this evening slightly more pink and a tiny patch or brown discharge on pad....

So If my faint BFP are real then I am about 4.4 along....just wanted a bit of reassuring if others have had this and still went on and stayed pregnant.....

I know I hijacked the TTC board again this last couple of days but would really appreciate some advice and hopefully words of encouragement from your experiences

Thanks in advance I hope to officially join you all here very very soon xxxx

Hi wilma I had a little bleeding at nearly 10 weeks, really scary just came for no reason at all! When I went for 12 week scan she said everything was fine, it could just be baby really burrowing down trying to stick that's what they said to me though it would make sense for you at 4.4 weeks x fx for u Hun try not to panic x

The only experience with bleeding during pregnancy was my m/c but it was nothing like what your explaining! Mine was bright red blood and I had to wear a pad! I've heard that brown discharge is old blood and pink is I/b. If your still worried or bleeding phone your m/w but I'm sure everything will be ok! My friend had bright red bleeding during her pregnancy and still had a healthy baby. Fingers crossed for you Hun x x

can u find ut if your local maternity has a epu i think they would be best people to speak to only time iv bled was when i m/c my first but i have read alot on here it does happen with positive outcomes and some women also have periods thru pregnancy so it could be that
i know you said your cycle is short[unless iv mixed u up with someone] mine was also it took days to get my proper positive so this may also be why they are not strong ones yet chin up hun and good luck xxxxxx

Hi KJ,

thanks for that...yes I think it possible is implantation although for some reason I though it happened much earlier than this and think I panicked.....hopefully thats all it is.....xxxx

Thanks Lacey...thats reassuring too and think it porb just IB....praying it is...I think Ive possibly panicked too early but you know how it is.....xxx

Hey SL.....I rang my closest ECPU and they said as I was only 4.4 theres nothing they would or could do if i was misscarrying.....and to see how things go but to get my GP to referr me for a 6 week scan if I def was pregnant!

Yeah I have a 25 day cycle so yes maybe thats why im just getting faaint positives atm....but a faint is a faint I suppose and to get them on three different brands and the fact AF is now 6 days late on a 25 day cycle, is slowly sinking in that I must be pregnant.....

Going to ring Drs first thing on tuesday but not sure if I should ask to see the general nurse, Dr or MW....?? xxx

Arggggggghhhhhhh had another streak last night light pink but this morning when Ive woke up theres a lot more redosh/pink with bit of brown there and Im panicking again and freaking out....off to See nurse this morning so hope she can shed some light on it but Im scared Im loosing the baby xxxx

oh hun im really praying for you best of luck xxxxxx

Thanks SL......Just got home from seeing nurse....

She did test with my FMU and was neg....showed her the pics and explained that Im tending to get my positives when I test with samples later in the day and she said my pics showed positives although faint! Sending my sample off to labs but I really think I will still get a neg tho as it was FMU!
Told her about spotting Ive had on sat...and that it started again last night with a streak and again today it is worse although still not like a period for me as Im always mega heavy! She said that a lot of poeple do get bleeding thjis early and that is can be normal but that it can also be a loss. She said they wont scan me this early and if I am loosing then there is nothing they can do this early......said I basically have to go home and rest, try not to stress and forget about it for a few days and 'watch this space'......said they wouldnt do a blood test atm so I suppose Ive dont all I can and all I can now do is wait and see what happens.....Anyone know how to hypnotise me for the next few days?? God this is hard........xxx

Oh Wilma, hope that all the tests come back positive- must be so frustrating for you. I'm having to wait a few days to see if this pain in my side goes away as there is a chance its an ectopic which would be so sad. Lets hope we both get through the next few days with our sanity intact :)

Thanks Frankie.....ah I hope everything is ok with you.....isnt it so scary.....but yes lets hope we both get through all this and come out of it with a healthy baby.....keeping everything crossed for us all xxx

Hi ladies and sorry for going on but just wanted to ask...those of you who have had bleeding in tri one....has it been with clots and bad pain or just blood?
Thing is Ive got no clots, very mild niggles/cramp in stomach no bad pain as such, and its def not bright red frank blood, more a dark pinkinsh/light red....def not brown anymore and nothing at all like the periods I have...so Im wondering would it be different if it was a MC or is a bleed a blees sort of thing.... sorry girls but you now how worrying this all can be....I wish nurse had taken my bloods to see if I had rising livels or not...coz at this moment in time I STILL dont know for 100% that Im def pregnant despite having 5 positives now although 4 quite faint and the 5th much stronger!

Arrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhh fast forward two weeks please then I will know! xxx

Hey hon, The only bleed I ever had in pregnancy was my mc - not saying that is what is happening to you and you know I'm rooting for you.

When I mc I started bleeding at about 11am - only when I wiped at first and quite pinky. It stayed like that until about 4:30 when it got a little heavier but still not really marking a pad (TMI - sorry). About 7pm it got really heavy and I passed two very large clots and I knew I had mc.

I have everything crossed for you that the bleeding stops hon xxxx

Last edited:
Thansk for that info Karen...and thanks for rooting for me too and all your support.....

Last wed night I had first streak of pink!
Thurs three spots of brown discharge!
Sat light pinky/red spotting about 4 times when wiping
Sunday streaky pink when wiping
Last night/early morning 1.00am pink streak when wiping
This morning Pink/red bleeding when wiping little cramping and twinges
Lots of 'something going on feeling' in pelvic/uterus area and still got left sided niggles too....

No major pain no clots and not heavy....just hope its settles again and I get another BFP

I would think if I def am preg and I am MC then my positves will still show for a little while until the HGC was completely out of my system though right....will just have to wait couple more days maybe and see what happens if I test again.....xxxx

Firstly hugs hun :hug:

There could be a few things going on.

1) You could be having a chemical pg in which the lines will not get stronger but will get weaker and eventually they will become negative

2) You could be one of the lucky people who spot and still go onto have a healthy pregnancy

3) The pregnancy could be ectopic

I really hope you are #2 hun :hug:

I have had much spotting/bleeding/heavy bleeding with clots in pregnancy and it doesn't always mean bad :) But I've had losses as well and bleeding/spotting no matter what the colour can be a sign :(

Please bear in mind if the bleeding becomes heavy and is accompanied by pain (and especially shoulder pain) then please waste no time and go straight to A&E

If you're still getting positives in a few days could they not do a Quantitive HCG blood test? Having 2 of these 48 hours apart is a very good indicator of how a pregnancy is going.

I hope things work hun :hug:

Sorry to hear you are going through this hun!
I had bleeding with my first pregnancy, it was later on though. It wasn't red but quite dark pink and lasted for a few days. Obviously I panicked but as I was further on they sent me to EPU and I had a scan confirming everything was ok.
So it could be one or the other. Fingers crossed as it's not giving you unbearable pain and there's no clots everything will be ok. Really wish you all the best of luck xx

i had a bleed when 5 weeks with 1st only a small amount all was fine they said i could have had a slight tear when stretching good luck xxx

Hi Ladies....sorry for delay.....

I stated bleeding really heavy yesterday afternoon and by 7ish it was very heavy with pain but no shoulder pain....the pain wasnt really like cramp but was something i dont think Ive ever had before..... Was soaking a pad and lots when wiping too.....

This morning when I was woken up with the feeling of blood running out of me I got up and there was a load of smallish clots....and again when Ive been to loo a couple more times this morning....I def think its over for me Ive still got some pain again not my typical cramp I usualy get but my boobs are no longer tender, Ive got no queasiness, when I was lying on my front Im sure i could feel like my uterus was slightly enlarged and therefor lay over on my side a little more, last night I couldnt feel anything different. I just dont feel pregnant anymore....

I get my results back from lab tomorrow but their just testing my FMU which I told them Im only getting good positives on samples taken later in the day so I expect thats going to come back negative too!

Only other thing I can put it down to is that I wasnt pregnant and my period is 8 days late but how can I explain 5 positives???

What hard apart from if I am MC is that I dont know for def if I am/was pregnant or do I just accept the 5 HPT results that said I was!
Because I do feel a massive sense of loss and emtyness and feel so low....something I would feel so stupid about if I were simply crying coz Id got my period albeit very late....I dont know but I definately think its all over....xx

Hope you're okay :( that's a terrible thing to go through xo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen