• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bleeding and told to make a gp appt help please? x

claire23

Reaction score
i have blood when i wipe, no cramps but have shooting pains, i am in a right state! my midwife's mobile is off and went to answerphone, im not allowed to leave message if its an emergency? is this an emergency or should i leave a message? the midwife office goes to answerphone and said messages will be picked up in the morning, the morning is a weekend?! last phone number option i had was the gynae sister at hosp which is written in my notes, she said to make a gp appointment and if my gp feels its appropriate he needs to ring them, there are no appointments! its friday afternoon, am i just expected to wait and bleed my baby out of me over the weekend with no help? i dont know what to do :( :( any advice please?

If it's only light bleeding then it's probably totally fine. I bled at just over 8 weeks, it was more than just when I wiped though - like I had to use pads etc (sorry tmi) and everything was fine but I got a scan at my epu just to make sure. Is there an epu close by that you can go to and ask for a re-assurance scan?
As I said though, if it is only light bleeding and no pains then it's quite common x

Could you maybe explain to the GP's that its an emergency?

Hope everything is ok hun, as princess said no pain is a great sign. xxxx

I had the same problem so I rang my doctors surgery and explained to the receptionist who managed to talk a doctor into seeing me.

Like Princess said if the bleeding is only when you wipe its probably fine...however, if the bleeding gets worse or you get some pain I would just go to a&e they cant turn you away from there.

Fingers crossed it's nothing hunni.

xxxx

Hopefully this is nothing serious, but I always think that if you have concerns then you deserve to have them considered by the appropriate people.
I don't know the correct or acceptable procedure but, if it were me, I would go straight to GP surgery and tell them I'm not moving till I've spoken to the doctor or a nurse practioner - if they still couldn't fit me in, I would consider going straight to A&E and having them refer me.
Let us know how you get on
xxx

i think the epu is the number i rang to ask for the gynae sister as it the same number as when i miscarried in april, my OH has just rang the doctors again and someone is going to ring me, hopefully that person may help? its hard not to panic this is how my last 3 mcs started :( x

Really wishing you good luck hun, and that everything is ok, you need to get a scan booked asap so you know whats happening. xx

Have you had an early scan hun? If you have already seen your baby try and take some comfort in that.

Given you have had several miscarriages I would think you should be a priority to be seen by the EPU.

Fingers and toes crossed everything is ok. x

hi girls, no luck with the nhs whatsoever, i phoned a private scan place, such a lovely lady on the phone she has booked me in for 5.15 today and its £60, its amazing how much better the care is when you pay for it, makes me mad iv paid my taxes for 7 years since i left school and rarely use any of the services and when i need help its not there for me, will update you later on results of the scan, i really hope its good news iv never got this far in pregnancy before and was really hopeful until today, only 3 and a half hours to go xxx

Have you had an early scan hun? If you have already seen your baby try and take some comfort in that.

Given you have had several miscarriages I would think you should be a priority to be seen by the EPU.

yes i had a scan at 5 weeks, 5 days and it had a heartbeat, im going to be devasted if bubs is gone, EPU have been no help to me xxx

How far gone are you, Claire?
Pls try not to worry. I know that's easier said then done as I'm 12 weeks & was rushed to hospital last night with heavy bleeding & got told it was a threatened miscarriage. A scan this morning showed baby is fine, and the bleeding is from a little rupture behind the placenta.
Rest up & stay positive... Keeping everything crossed for you & bubs xxxxx

yes i had a scan at 5 weeks, 5 days and it had a heartbeat, im going to be devasted if bubs is gone, EPU have been no help to me xxx

The risks of a mc is greatly reduced once you have seen a heartbeat so cling on to that with both hands Hun. I hope the next 3 hours go quickly for you and you get the reassurance that everything is ok x

Really hope it's good news for you this evening. It's a shame that you have to pay for some reassurance :hug: x

i am 11 weeks today pushca, im glad your scan was fine :) hope mine is too iv never been so scared roll on 5.15 xx

thanks princess and everyone else for your kind words x

Good luck hunni :) hope it all goes well xxxx

thinking of you, good luck with scan, hope all is ok. xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen