• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bleeding and homebirth

elisesmum

Reaction score
So had my midwife appointment today and asked about my homebirth and she said they are going to have to pass it on to a consultant to decide because of my history, I have had several bleeds, all fine just an irritated uterus, had a few complications but everything has always been ok. Has anyone previously been turned down because of bleeding in pregnancy, Or had bleeds and has had a homebirth i will be gutted if I have a hospital birth and don't see why they have known about my homebirth for so long but this midwife was the first to even mention that there is a problem when all the others have said its fine :( xx

aw hun hope you get the birth you wish for! I have never wished to give birth at home but do hope for a water birth in a birthing unit as I am not too fussed on the whole clinical hospital, just another number lark!!!!
fx you get what you want xxx

They may have only said that its ok up until now as they can't make a firm decision until nearer the time and with a better idea of your's and LOs health nearer to delivery.
I hope you get the birth you want, if not then I hope it goes smoothly and calm xx

Hi hun. I had a homebirth recently but it was a bit touch and go for a while because of my haemoglobin levels - I am a thalassaemia carrier and am naturally a bit anaemic - but I managed to keep my levels up just high enough for the consultant to say it was OK. It's a different situation from yours, but I really hope you manage to have the birth you want to have - it was an amazing experience having it at home. You are entitled to have a home birth whether or not your consultant says it's OK. So even if they say that you shouldn't have a home birth but you are absolutely determined to have one, I believe it's still your right to demand one, with all their risks borne in mind. Fingers crossed for you. If you want to PM me about home birth stuff, please feel free xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back