• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bleeding after comming off pill

Rach9

Reaction score
We have decided to start trying to conceive, stopped taking my pill yesterday! Early days i know! Period not due until 6th April but im bleeding today? Is this normal? Should i have stopped taking pill at mt 7 day break. I thought i was at my ovulation time yesterday , so thought maybe comming of when i did there might be a chance of conceiving this month.
Any advice greatly appreciated!!

:wave: welcome. The pill don't quite work like that, it don't matter what point during your pill cycle you stop you'll have your withdraw bleed as normal then your 1st pill free cycle would begin with a possible ovulation 14 days later (or longer or shorter depending on your cycles). Remember it can take a while for the pill to get out of your system but it's not unheard of for women to catch straight after coming off pill. Best thing to do to try and predict when you ovulated is to use OPKs (you can get them really cheap off ebay) and you could try charting your temperature and recording it on here http://www.fertilityfriend.com then you can join us on the chart stalker thread.
Good luck :hug:

I'm afraid I can't help, never been on the pill, but just wanted to wish you lots and lots of luck :hug: :hug:

So this withdrawal bleed, how long does it last? :oops:

Normally when on my pill free week my period doesnt start until 4 days after taking last pill. I assumed my period wouldn't appear till its normal time - the 5/6th april, but you think this is my period now just a day after stopping taking pill?

It is not a proper period as such but a reaction to the lack of pill hormone in your system. It has probably happened earlier than normal since you have stopped taking the pills earlier than you normally would so there is less hormone already in your system.

Like fingers crossed says opks would be a good way of predicting when you will ovulate

good luck!

thanks people! I hadn't realised stoping takin the pill would have such immediate effects - wasnt prepared for a bleed! :x

think lisa said it all hun , wanted to say welcome and good luck !

Thanks Gem, fingers crossed for you this month XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back