bleed behind placenta

xxClaire_24xx

Reaction score
hi girls had another scan today and managed to get the baby to face the correct way to get the measurments done the only thing is the lady doing the scan said that there is a significant bleed behind the placenta, has anyone heard of this or had this before xx

Hi Claire , glad all was well with baby at scan

I had a slight placenta abruption they called it ,at 9 weeks with my second son, and apparently a tiny bit of placenta came away, quite common I think,but I did get quite oa bit of red blood which caused me to got to EPU in the first place, and it was fine, I had one bit of bleeding, and they said the remaniing pocket of blood would either get reabsorbed or come out naturally. Mine got reabosorbed, by the next scan time , so all was well, try not to worry. I did get some anti E antibodies because of this as blood from baby mixed with mine (somthing like that, and my body buiklt up antibodies to it, they just monitor these during pregnancy, no major issues.

What did the scan lady tell you about it ? will they see you again, or just look again at 20 week scan?

hi they said that they would scan me again as it is quite a big bleed, had some pain throught the night and this morning so I went to see the doctor this morning and he said that cause the bleed is between the wall of the uterus and the placenta then there is a chance that the placenta could come away completely and this would make the pregnacy end cause I am so early on, so he has signed me off work for 2 weeks and told me if the pain gets worse at all to go to the epas unit and the maternity hospital xx

:hug: ive never experienced this but fx everything will b ok 4 u xxxx

:hug:Oh you poor thing, you stay off work, pop your feet up and do absolutly nothing other than loo trips, get OH to make you packed lunch and drinks in the morning. I am really hoping all is well, and lthe two weeks rest will really do you and your body good, and perhaps the pocket will get fully absorbed back by the next scan :sleep:

Just think how much time you can spend on PF now .....:dance:

thanks everyone

JJ I hope that you are right and it gets absorbed next scan will be mega scary eh???

I will rest except for the school run at 9am and 3pm inbetween then its day time tv for me!! xx

hope your ok and have a good restxxxxxxxxxxxx

Claire - how are you doing Hun? X

i had this untill i was a little over 3 months gone i had like a sac between the placenta and my wall and it filled with blood then would burst causing me to bleed loads then they kept giving me regular scans and eventually my bordy just absorbed it they said it could of been a scar on my wall from previous pregnancies but i dont know i did worry about the placenta but my body eventually absorbed it i hope this is what happens for you too my son was overdue btw lol

hi havent been on in a while was at the doctors and they heard the heart beat through the doppler which the doctor thought was strange as you dont normally hear it at 14 weeks so all seems ok xx

Yay Claire , glad you heard the HB all ok, so exciting, hang in there X

hi heard the heartbeat again tiday when 'I seen my community midwife who called the hospital and went mad cause i was told nothin at the hospital going for another scan at 5 to 3 tomorrow and going to see a concultnatn about what happens next xx

Glad you're getting another scan. It's so frustrating when you're not getting the right attention. Least the Community Midwife got on the case for you.

I hope the scan goes well today xx

Hi had another scan today and the bleed is still there but baby doing fine and we have another scan on the 29th June xx

Hope your next scan you get the all clear hunni shame it's still there but no news is good news hey Hun x x x

Really pleased claire, still looking good , shame they cant drain it off really , did they say if there is anything they can do if still there at next scan, or will they just keep scanning you?

hi not been on in ages decided to take some time out, just going to keep checking babys heartbeat and then at the next scan see whats going on in there cause im so early on there isnt anything that they can do xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back