Biteing babies

Kas

Reaction score
I was just wondering kaidens got 3 teeth now they all cut through at the same time, but over the past few days hes been biteing people, he bit my mum on the arm at the beginning of the week, bit his Dad twice yesterday and then bit my on the bum today. Does anyone know why they or maybe just he does that?? I said to him no and said he was bad i think he knew what he was doing as hes done it before and saw people jump, he just laughed his head off at me. Im not too sure what i should do to deter him, any advise XkelX

Hello Kel,

Katie also does this and she has eight teeth and it bloody hurts!!! however she only does it to me and also laughs if I try to say no, think sometimes it's out of excitment.

I try to ignor her now when she does it and not react seems to be working so you could try this. We call her "Nasher". I used to have one of those tooth brushes for her that goes on your finger but had to stop using it as she bit my finger several times :rotfl: .

Em xxx

I read about this, I think it was baby whisperer. She said not to give the child any attention/reaction for doing it but to go and hug and attend to the person who the child bit. It might apply to toddlers rather than babies but if like you say, he knows then it might be worth a try.

Yeah im thinking it might be attention, hes became a bit more clingy lately as ive just went back to work part time, maybe hes feelin a bit left out, il have to try and ignore it then hope it stops soon, as ive just started taking him to toddler group and dont want him seen as a biter, thanks for your advise XkelX

lauramumof2 said:
I read about this, I think it was baby whisperer. She said not to give the child any attention/reaction for doing it but to go and hug and attend to the person who the child bit. It might apply to toddlers rather than babies but if like you say, he knows then it might be worth a try.

but how do i hug myself, liam keeps biting, i have red marks on my breast.

davina said:
lauramumof2 said:

but how do i hug myself, liam keeps biting, i have red marks on my breast.

aww :hug: , just put him down and walk away. Put him out the room for a minute. They dont like not being in the thick of things.

My dr told me to ignore it other wise they'll do it for attention, it works although she does still do it now when she's teething but she bites anything in sight then.

Hi

I still do not know what to do maybe its just a phase for them?
Kiara every time she gets a new tooth decides to test themon my nipples and make them bleed :?
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back