Bit off topic question.... but...

Corrinne37

Reaction score
... have been trying to re organise pretty much my whole house..
,...... nesting ... think it must be!!

Anyway, every cupboard, drawer, wardrobe, basket you name it has been re organised.

Only thing I am struggling with and moved from pillar to post (about 3 times now) is stuff like, photo albums, books, instructions for new buggy , cot etc, just stuff that you dont need every day but dont want to throw away (i.e \I have some those jelly , rubber things that stop shoes rubbing - i might need one day!) Box to iphone etc etc.

I have had in a drawer in bedroom, in box under the bed, top cupboard above wardrobe... but not happy.

Please tell me ...... where do you store your stuff like this at home?

Thanks ladies

xx

Ha, I love this question. I have so much stuff like this though .. I have a folder for instructions for everything we own so keep it with other folders that have various things like car stuff, pet insurance etc in. And keep them in a cupboard we have in the hall with the phone on.
Old boxes for appliances are in the loft. I have those shoe things and keep with all my foot products, nail varnish, foot creams, etc in a set of drawers that is for hair, make up and jewellery.
As for photo albums, I'm just deciding where to put ours!! Maybe in a box in the wardrobe as don't think there's room on the book shelf.

I have so much crap as I do card making and sewing and all that stuff needs tidying, was doing it at 6.45am this morning as,I couldn't sleep!!! Nesting is mad! :) xx

I have a draw in the kitchen although currently it's too full and won't close but I don't have the energy to sort it xx

yes mine is well over a drawer!!
But I do have a 'stuff' drwer in my kitchen too!!!! That is on my 'to do 'list to tackle!!
xx

Ha, I love this question. I have so much stuff like this though .. I have a folder for instructions for everything we own so keep it with other folders that have various things like car stuff, pet insurance etc in. And keep them in a cupboard we have in the hall with the phone on.
Old boxes for appliances are in the loft. I have those shoe things and keep with all my foot products, nail varnish, foot creams, etc in a set of drawers that is for hair, make up and jewellery.
As for photo albums, I'm just deciding where to put ours!! Maybe in a box in the wardrobe as don't think there's room on the book shelf.

I have so much crap as I do card making and sewing and all that stuff needs tidying, was doing it at 6.45am this morning as,I couldn't sleep!!! Nesting is mad! :) xx

Nesting is mad!!
I just want to rest but this blooming nesting thing keeps nagging me saying ... just a few more things and your done then you can rest!! he he !! xx

Oooohhhh I hate all those annoying things that u cant throw cos u know as soon as u do u need it lol!!
I try and stash them all over the house tbh..
This house is crap for storage aswell.

Im currently stressing cos Noahs room use to be out everything room and hoover and ironing board was always up in there. I HAVE NOWHERE TO STORE THEM :( xx

I know its a night mare baby slog!
I hATE ALL THIS STUFF AND WOULD LOVE TO BIN IT, BUT KNOW ILL NEED IT SOONER OR LATER!!

I have a couple of box files for instructions.

A really useful box (the filing one) with paperwork...and what I do is when I get a new insurance doc, I'll shred the expired one.

I have a lockable fireproof box for birth certs, marriage certs, passports etc.

Photo albums/photo books/scrapbooks are stored in really useful boxes.

Then I have a small shelf under the stairs that have small Ikea shoe boxed sized boxes on. They have all the random stuff in, like shoe polish, batteries, tools for changing my watch strap, ball pump thing, fuses...all sorts. And the boxes are labelled on the front.

Then I have a "junk" drawer but I clear it quite often. It has stuff we use more often in. Chargers, pens, stamps, envelopes that sort of thing.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

I have a lift up bed with loads of space under & I use this plastic storage boxes to store crap in! I've also got an ottoman in the bedroom which is handy for hiding stuff in & am thinking of getting another one for the spare room too....I hate clutter! Debenhams have got a white wicker jasper conran one on sale at the mo too, might get that for the nursery, I love a bit of storage!x

I have several 'drawers of despair' where things like that get chucked in. I'm very disorganised!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back