bit of help with heartbeats please!!

LittleManda

Reaction score
hiya.. anyone help?

i'm 16 weeks pregnant..

i had my 1st scan at 9 weeks 1 day, and another scan at 11 weeks 1 day (we went private for the 2nd scan because my partner wanted to come)

at my 1st scan they took a long time to see how many babies there was as they couldnt see the top of my uterus.. at my 2nd scan they said there was 1 baby..

i bought a doppler which was just over £100 (so wasnt cheap) and there is a heartbeat on the left hand side of me, which is roughly around 160..

however, there is also another heartbeat on the opposite side of me, which is in the 80's - 90's..

is it possible they have missed twins at 2 scans? or could this lower heart rate be from the same baby.. its on the same line as the other beat but at the opposite side?

The lower one (80-90) is your own heartbeat - you have a main artery down there which is why you can hear it so clearly. I could only find my own at the first few attempts with my doppler! Foetal heart rates are about twice that of adults, so if it *was* another baby, it would much much faster. :hug:

aww thank youuu..

i did wonder about that because it was always in the same place haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back