Bit of a scare last night

Bagpuss17

Reaction score
Had a bit of a scare last night.

Woke up at 2.00 am ish with really bad backpain and pains across the lower half of my bump. They were so bad I had to get up and move around and get DH to rub my back for me.

I could still feel baby moving at times and that mad the back pain even worse. The pains lasted for several minutes and kept coming and going at big intervals.

They finally stopped at 5.00 ish.

They defo weren't braxton hicks as I've been having loads of them since 20/21 weeks, though uncomfortable they're not painful at all.

My stomach felt like it was contracting though, really scary.

Has anybody else experienced anything similar at this stage? I'm 32 weeks tomorrow.

5 started getting aches and pains around that time and had eva at 36 1/2weeks.

i'm wondering though if you could possibly have a water infection. :think: i had one earlier on and i was in agony but it didnt hurt when i went to the loo. Maybe you should go to the dr's to get it checked out? x

That did cross my mind, I've had a water infection in the past but I was in pain all the time with that not just for a few hours.

have you called the midwife - she what she thinks...

hope its nothing to make you worry..

x

I haven't called the midwife yet as I've got an appointment tomorrow with her. If the pains had continued I would have but they've gone now.

I hope everything is ok bagpuss and that the m/w puts you at ease tomorrow. It's such a scary time isn't it, every pain and twinge is a worry :? let us know how you get on, I will be thinking of you.

Xxx

Thanks Lindsay, yeah it is a scare. This was new pain for me, apart from stiffness in the pelvis and hips during the night I've been feeling great. So this was a worry.

Baby has been moving well today and I've checked the heartbeat with my doppler, he/she has moved around to the other side I think.

Despite the positive signs and no more pain, I'll feel happier once I've had my appointment tomorrow.

You can't help but worry, I just want everything to be OK with my baby.

Thanks.

I'm wondering now if it was the baby moving around....Hope I don't get a repeat tonight.

Hi Bagpuss,

Take it easy........hope things go well at the midwifes tomorrow.

Amy xx

Hope your appt goes well today bagpuss, I hope that the pains were your LO moving round and nothing more.

Xxx

Been to my appointment. They can't say for sure obviously but they said that it could well have been a false alarm given the amount of time that I had the pains and contractions for.

They said I shouldn't be afraid to phone the labour suite next time.

As I haven't had any other signs, no waters going, no show or anything I would have felt silly phoning the hospital.

I'm hoping I don't get it again until nearer 40 weeks.

Baby is well though that's the main thing.

I am pleased that your LO is ok :clap: here's hoping that you don't have any more scares :pray:

Xxx

Yeah, total opposite to my sister who had her baby girl last week 10 days overdue.

She had to have a c-section in the end because despite being induced, her little one did not want to come out at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back