A little scare last night

moss

Reaction score
My baby is extremely active and all of the kicks I feel tend to be very strong. I feel like I am constantly feeling thumps with only a little break in between. Last night on the way home from work, though, it occurred to me that I had slept really well without being woken up, and that I hadn't consciously felt any movement while I was at work. Maybe I was in a daze and just didn't notice, but it didn't register that I hadn't felt anything until I was on the bus to go home. I started to poke and prod my belly, then push really hard on it and still nothing. By this time I was really freaking out but I didn't have any credit on my mobile and I was just about in town where my husband was waiting, anyway. As soon as I saw him I couldn't control myself and I started crying. We got home and I went into bed. Usually if I lay on my back in a certain way I start getting definite thuds. Last night, nothing. I had to wait for about 15 minutes before I finally felt (and saw) a very strong kick. I was SO relieved. Then I went back into the living room and sat on the sofa. Everything went back to normal after that and it felt like a steady drumbeat for a lot of the night. Today, I'm feeling pretty regular movements.

I was so scared! :( Was it bad of me not to call the midwife when I got home? Should I call now despite things seeming normal because yesterday was so unusual, or just leave it at that?

You did the right thing. You did what usually makes bubs move and it worked. If bubs had not moved, then it would have been time to call the Mw.

These babies are sent to scare us :) :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: I got like this last week and sat outside Tesco for half an hour begging little one to kick me.

Now i know his sleep pattern and he tends not to be active all way through the day but after 6pm at night he never stops.

It is really really scary though, especially when you are wanting them to kick so badly :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm still using my doppler now babies not got that much room i don't tend to feel much. So 2 secs with that eases my mind :D They do cause us to worry!.. :hug: :hug: think you did the right thing in waiting and seeing if baby started moving sure that's what they would have told you to do anyway. Baby was prob just having a quiet day and if all well now i wouldn't bother ringing but if you still worried it wouldn't hurt to do :hug:

I think as you are feeling movement now I'd not worry or beat yourself up about it now.

TBH most babies have quiet days and while it is a worry its usually nothing to panic about. They are just sleepy or changed position and are kicking somewhere we can't feel. At 29 weeks your LO still has room to move about in there so may well have been prodding away there just you could not feel it like you normally can. Also the movements tend to change and move away from kicks and become wriggles and squirms. You learn to notice these over time but they are easier to miss as you can be moving round and this can cover them up.

Also they do tend to change their 'routine' as they grow. Around now you may begin to notice this happening. My LO used to have a few quiet days in a row sometimes. I'd never panic overly, just keep an eye on the smaller movements as they all count.

Always give LO a chance to spring into action I think. A cold drink and a lie down and gently feeling your tummy for movement etc is the first course of action. Sometimes babies can go into a very deep sleep and don't want to be woken up. If that does not work and you've not felt anything definate for a few hours I'd give the MW a call then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back