bit of a scare last night.......

BeckyJ

Reaction score
well last night baby was very quiet, infact he/she is normally in a strict rountine and every night after dinner me and ken love to watch the dancing displays bump puts on for us but last night nothing :?

no kicks no movements, tried eating ice which normally works, nothing, tried lying on my tummy, nothing, lying on my ball, nothing, poking my tummy nothing, this went on for a couple of hours and we were getting more and more worried, normally im not a stresser but something didnt feel right

finally at 9.30pm we decided to call the midwife who told us to go straight to the delivery suite at the hospital, we were both petrified and went straight there, the nurse was waiting for us and put us straight on a monitor, heartbeat seemed ok but still no movement even after 20mins, finally baby started to move a little but nothing like normal

they kept me monitored and a few nurses measured me, they then called the consultant who measured me, he said they needed to do a scan as baby hasnt grown in 2 weeks (since my m/w appt) i asked if i could go home and they agreed but i have to go back 2moro for the scan and then to the day unit whilst they monitor me and look at the results

i'll update you when im back, im trying to stay positive as at least having another scan we get to see our baby again :D

:hug: :hug:

sure everything will be fine hun- these beans like to worry us!

:hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: they do like to keep us on our toes don't they.

Bet baby has just moved into a different position so you don't feel the movement so much - that could also make you measure less. I know I def don't feel mine so much if she turns to face my back.

Let us know how you get on

Hope everything goes ok, it is a horrible feeling when they go all quiet. :hug: :hug: :hug:

i feel a lot better now ive heard the heartbeat and felt he/she move again, a little worried about baby not growing though but like others said i guess it maybe the way baby is positioned, will update you all asap, thanks for your comments xx

thank you girlies :hug:

would you take a bag with a few things incase they keep me in or do you think there is no need?

i'd take a book or something in definately and maybe an overnight bag- you can always take it home with you if you don't need it. :lol:

When I was in on saturday morning it was so boring I wish I'd had my book and ipod with me! :roll:

sorry just seen this sweetheart
oh im sorry yopu had a scare glad you listened to your fantastic Mummy intuition and went to the hosptial

i hope the scan goes well and baby is ok just having a growth break
and will be back on growth track soon.

glad you heard the heartbeat and it sounded fine and that baby is moving agian.

hope he/she is back up to full wiggilng soon

big huge massive hugs from me
and i will be thinking of you tommorow :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:shock: how very scary :shock:

Glad the heartbeat was OK though - that's a really promising sign. Best of luck for your scan tomorrow :hug:

thanks so much girls, means a lot :hug:

i might pack my jordan book, im hooked on it at the mo

Sorry to hear you had a scare. But hearing the heartbeat is always a good sign :)

And as others have said, maybe your LO has moved into a position where you don't feel the movement. Which could also affect your measurements.

Also fundal height measuring can vary depending on who does it and from where exactly. My MW always tries to find the same spot or as close to it but someone else doing it gets a totally different reading.

Mine had days where s/he would go quiet and hardly move, then the next day was a livewire. Still does this even now.

Thinking of you and hopefully your LO gets a wriggle on soon for you :hug: :hug:

Try not to worry about the fundal height i have been measuring small for weeks now.

Sorry to hear the movements have slowed i have been worried about mine so im having to a kick chart everyday to keep and eye on it.

Enjoy your scan tomorrow.

aww chick, these little babies like to keep us on our toes dont they!! :hug: :hug: :hug:
good luck at your scan tommorrow. What time is it?
xx

Best of luck hunnie-keep us posted on how it goes. :hug: :hug: :hug:
I'm sure it''l be fine and it's just LO having a lazy day or laying in a differeng position. best to get it all checked out though. xxxxx

best of luck becky. have only just seen this.

Thinking of you, and enjoy the scan
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Look forward to your updates and hope everything goes well.

XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back