Bit of a long shot, but

KirstyL

Reaction score
Does anybody know what benefits affect what?
Basically I work at the moment, but my job is a rolling contract and is due to end on the 31st May. I will get SMP as I am classed as employed by my umbrella company.
However, does anybody know if I will still get the same rate WTC credit I get now, at least for a little while?
Also, whether my Rent and Council Tax will be paid for me, or does SMP wipe that out?
And are there any others I can claim, as I'm getting more and more worried about how I'm going to pay for things. As you know, my partner left, so I am having to work everything out on one income, not the two we planned :(
Sorry, just very confused, looking at the benefits site, and don't know where to start!
Thanks guys,
xx

Its so confusing isn't it...i have just applied for job seekers allowance, i think it doesn't affect my housing benefit unless it goes over a certain amount housing benefit said to me a while back. I will be claiming income support soon it worrys me too. Give them a ring and ask x

Thanks Shauna, I know its a total nightmare. They give you it, then take it away again!
I have just sent off an email to them, so will wait and see what they say. I spoke to them about moving to a 3 bed property a couple of weeks ago, and they said they don't even recognise the baby until it's 1 year old! There will be a 10 year age gap between my two, so was hoping they'd be able to do something, but I guess they assume bubs will stay in my room with me :)
xx

im self employed so i have no idea what imm doing either.. Im planning on calling the advice shop in the next few weeks to get them to help me out save getting anything wrong or missing out on what im meant to get.x

i want to know about benefits aswell, my hubby doesnt have a job at the moment, was made redundant so we're in a sticky situation as we want to move out of our parents house and into our own place but dont know how we'll manage :(

Hi Lou - oh dear, well hopefully you'll be able to get some advice so you know where you stand? Fingers crossed for you. I was talking to a friend at the weekend, and apparantly the council and benefits people aren't allowed to tell us what we are entitled to?! Whats that all about...but if we ask about a benefit, they'll say if we are likely to be eligible, that sounds totally wrong, nothing like helping us ey!
(Don't hold me to that, just what I was told) lol.x

Hi Confuzed - bless ya, must be hard. Are you on any council waiting lists or anything? Or are you wanting to privately rent somewhere? If you are on the council list, could you ask your parents to write a letter saying they are asking you to leave? That's what I did with mine when I was at home with LO, and the council put me in Band 1 and housed me quite quickly, as I was at threat of being made homeless. Not proud of that, but we do what we have to.
xx

im self employed so i have no idea what imm doing either.. Im planning on calling the advice shop in the next few weeks to get them to help me out save getting anything wrong or missing out on what im meant to get.x

Hiya,im self employed so can help u wiv any questions u might have xx

Hi, I lost my job right before I found out I was pregnant, so obviously I need to know about benefits etc... I'm going to Citizens Advice tomorrow, I think that's the best bet, as they can tell me exactly what you're entitled to before and after baby is born. Nightmare isn't it! x

oh are u emma...

Ive been told i will have to take unpaid leave as i wont get maternity money paid and also been told that i wont qualify for any grants. Im not so botheres about the grant but plan just now is 2 weeks holidays then 2 weeks unpaid then back to work :(

oh are u emma...

Ive been told i will have to take unpaid leave as i wont get maternity money paid and also been told that i wont qualify for any grants. Im not so botheres about the grant but plan just now is 2 weeks holidays then 2 weeks unpaid then back to work :(

If u pay NI contributions then aslong as u have paid them for 26 weeks in the 66 weeks up til ur due date then ul qualify for maternity allowance which is 124.88 payable fortnightly or monthly from 11 weeks b4 ur due for a total of 39 weeks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back