• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bit daft but just started mat leave and I think I'm doing it wrong.

NinjaKitty

Reaction score
Just feel out of sorts and restless. Can't settle to do some of the jobs I wanted to. Mostly organising/nesting stuff.

Just thought I'd be all happy n chilled but I'm not. Feeling under pressure but really I think it's in my own head. :wall:

Dont worry, thats how I felt for the first few days and I rushed about not achieving a lot but unable to settle, but it does get easier and you form your own routines so don't worry xx

I was the same both times a d think it's cos such a big change is coming that u feel almost on edge - how long till ur due date? X x

Ive been really lazy! Except yesterday when I tidied the flat and did loads but I felt it that eve with a back ache and exhaustion. I suggest taking things as slow as you can and I'm now I'm trying to only doing 1 activity a day and/or have a nap.

Maybe write a list of all the things you want done and things you would like to do for yourself? And tick them off one by one? Might help you feel like you are achieving more then you realise?xx

Hun I feel exactly the same. I did have a full social calendar for last week (my first week off) but this week no plans and I am struggling to do anything. What I am doing today might be slightly mad-I've decided to do some DIY!!! I'm using drills, moving bricks, just fed up of everything so doing things my Hubbie can't do as he's working and theres no light in the evenings/time at the weekend to do these things. Might induce labour? Either way it needs doing!!

Ive stepped up my activity big time this week, helps the time go really quickly, I've mucked out 4 horses, took the dog for an hr walk, hoovered the house and am meeting a friend for coffee and cake later and then off to the cinema tonight. Try and plan something for everyday and it helps you make the most of the time you have the rest of the day as it's not limitless. Also the busier you are the more you get done! xx

I agree with Lulabell. Write a 'To Do' list. I spent at least a couple of days writing mine in front of the tv ;-)

Then put them in order of priority (another day's work at least).

Don't forget its a good idea to get all your christmas cards done early, just in case, which will probably take another entire day in front of the tv

xxx

I set myself something to do every day otherwise I would go crazy. The first week and a half I was really busy and didn't really stop but for the last week I've not really had plans so I've been a bit lazy (I also wasn't feeling that great either) I tend to try and do some house work and go for a walk every day. I almost always have an afternoon nap though! x

i think the transition is really difficult. i went a week early due to being signed off and i really struggled last week. this week i've kept myself busy (i know its only wednesday) but i'm feeling much better now although i have to admit i've not really done any of the jobs on my list :oooo: i have a total lack of motivation to do them as well! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back